Forum Moderators and Rules/Guidelines

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

Yeah, there is no other reason, I guess.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

:) The spam-attack seems to have ended abruptly a couple of days ago, we're very grateful for that!

Has Mark or Vergere proceeded kind of a forum update that prevents spammers from taking over? I'm just curious. ;)

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 15 years ago

Mark upgraded the forum last week, and it stopped the attack.

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

That's very wonderful. Many thanks Mark. :)

We appreciate what you've done to protect our forum boards. :)

Andyt31
Kokoro Robot

Postby Andyt31 » 15 years ago

Defently their nothing worse then Spammers they should be delt with straight away

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 15 years ago

Wow, I've missed alot.

I remember when Vergere became a moderator.. I had never even heard of him before and thought it was a little odd..

But it seems that he's made a great addition!

I'm not sure if my memory serves me right.. But it looks as if we have lost a few mods... :cry:

P.S. Has DrFrag come back yet..? :(
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

DrFrag is here. :lol:

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Umm..excuse it seems that the translator in yahoo cannot translate filipino to english if any case. what will hapen to the filipino s who want to join this forum? some of my fellow filipino cannot speak and understand english.how they can relate in a conversation in any forums? or thread.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

If there is no online translator and they don't speak English, and since almost all our members do not understand Filipino, what would be the point of joining this forum? :confused: They wouldn't be able to participate in our discussions and we wouldn't be able to take part in theirs. Of course we couldn't do our jobs as moderators either. ;)

I think the best solution would be to create a Filipino Astroboy forum. There are tons of free forum providers everywhere on the web, there must also be one available in Filipino, or at least in a language they can understand?

Vergere
Administrator

Postby Vergere » 14 years ago

I must warn you that lately some spammers have taken usernames leading to think they belong to the moderation team, such as LadyAdmin and BestForumTeam. Those ones never had the opportunity to impersonate administrators or moderators here, but have tried to do so in other forums through private messages. They will typically claim a technical problem that require you to give your password. You probably already know that, but it is better to make it clear: we as moderators will never ask for your password. Beyond security issues, we simply don't need it to do our job. By the way, that's why passwords are typically encrypted in the database in such a way that even the administrators can't recover them.

In a general way, if you suspect something weird, send a private message to any member of the true moderating team. ;)
Restless guardian of this forum.

Despair spammer ye who enter here.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”