Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

See other thread.

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 18 years ago

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Yes, I didn't want to say the same thing in two different threads.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 18 years ago

I think that the Japanese had different ideas of what was obscene than the Westerners do.

Well.....this is a difficult subject to address as it is. Unfortunatly there seems to be a growing acceptance of disturbing "sex slash" manga and websites divoted to Shotacon/Lolicon Our hero is "represented" among many popullar Anime. I can understand the Mods great concern that a posted website in kanji might lead the unsuspecting to discover the.....ugh..... and this site ends up taking the retalliation for it.

My best advice is for the Mods to research and have a clear understanding of how Japanese society views nudity and displays it, perhaps even do a review of a suggested site where a photo comes from before allowing it to be posted and recommending to the poster to place the clean photo in a Photobucket account so we may avoid unpleasent results.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Obviously we wouldn't allow Shotacon/Lolicon postings or links. If there's a grey area regarding a picture or site (which would probably fall in the realm of varying acceptance in different cultures), then it would most likely be discussed amongst the moderators. We're fortunate to have a mix of mods from around the world.

If it's a site with mixed content, then your Photobucket idea is probably the way to go.

Any further problems can be brought to the mods/admin attention with the Report button, and any problems with a moderator's decision (we all make mistakes) can be PM'ed to Mark.

Regarding the research of Japanese views on nudity, do you mean for establishing the intent of the artist?

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 18 years ago

Regarding the research of Japanese views on nudity, do you mean for establishing the intent of the artist?

Well I think intent would be clear if on the subject of devient artwork. But the Japanese use of nudity as part of entertainment is by far less "rear end tight" as in America. Sometimes I think America censors itself into stupid hypocrisy.

sdp
Kokoro Robot

Postby sdp » 17 years ago

thats a whole other topic.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

:eek: That was 10 weeks ago.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”