Forum Moderators and Rules/Guidelines

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Drum roll please!!!

We are ending the year 2011 on a very happy note with the appointment of Alittleacorn and Novacain as ABO Moderators! It's going to be a pleasure working with both of them, and we extend our best wishes for a long and happy tenure as mods!

:astro: -- NO TUTU'S ACORN!!

:hyo: -- Yeah, right, Astro! She's going to be keeping you in line now!

:astro: -- Novi will protect me!

:ninja: -- ??

That would be one moderator versus another with Astro and the tutus. :lol:

Just jumping into this thread, did Alittleacorn and Novacain know they would be moderators before this was announced? I heard F-Man stepped down from being moderator, so I'm not sure if that's a bit of a reason why there are new moderators? Or maybe they have earned their placed with with being regulars and having a year's membership?

Anyhow, congratulations to Alittleacorn and Novacain!

I hope I stay on your good side(s). :D
Last edited by Takiko on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Novacain
Beyond the Stars

Postby Novacain » 12 years ago

"Takiko" wrote:Just jumping into this thread, did Alittleacorn and Novacain know they would be moderators before this was announced?

Of course I knew, I had agreed to it before anything took place.

"Takiko" wrote:Anyhow, congratulations to Alittleacorn and Novacain!
I hope I stay on your good side(s). :D

Thank-you :) It shouldn't be too complicated, this is after all , a very friendly place.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- THIS IS WHY I LOVE THIS PLACE MY SWEET MODERATORS- GIGGLES HUGS

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 12 years ago

I must admit that for me this raises a bit of an eyebrow. I'm surprised that both of you got this position.

Congratulations to both of you regardless.

Takiko
Kokoro Robot

Postby Takiko » 12 years ago

"Novacain" wrote:[QUOTE=Takiko;193352]
Just jumping into this thread, did Alittleacorn and Novacain know they would be moderators before this was announced?

Of course I knew, I had agreed to it before anything took place.
[/QUOTE]
Well they could have surprised both of you. :lol:

I remember a long time ago became @ or moderator on an IRC channel just because I was part of the scanslation team. I didn't have to do something like swearing in, but with IRC it's less formal I guess. (Taken, I didn't exactly have staff fights.) I can't even remember any real big disagreements. There probably were less than 100 people on the channel anyhow. I guess it's depends on the people in charge.

"Ghost" wrote:I must admit that for me this raises a bit of an eyebrow. I'm surprised that both of you got this position.

If Ghost has enough guts to post that comment without having to put "no offence", I'm gonna poke for further inquiry. (I didn't realize that Ghost has been here over a year though when I posted, but I'm not gonna hit delete...) I was concerned about potential 'office politics' or maybe social disputes though doing it on my own. :unsure:
Last edited by Takiko on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 12 years ago

Alittleacorn and Novacain are good choices. They're active, show devotion to the site and know common sense.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 12 years ago

May God have mercy on your souls, Donguri-chan & Novacain. :d evil: :lol:

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 12 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Alittleacorn and Novacain are good choices. They're active, show devotion to the site and know common sense.

Have to agree. Both are definitely qualified to be moderators on this forum. To be honest, I actually had a feeling at least one of them would become a moderator eventually.

Anyway, congratulations to both of you! Like jeffbert said, may God have mercy on both of you. :lol:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 12 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:May God have mercy on your souls, Donguri-chan & Novacain. :d evil: :lol:

If only you'd still been a mod Muffin-chan, we could've taken over the world! :lol:

"Takiko" wrote:
[QUOTE=Ghost;193403]I must admit that for me this raises a bit of an eyebrow. I'm surprised that both of you got this position.

If Ghost has enough guts to post that comment without having to put "no offence", I'm gonna poke for further inquiry. (I didn't realize that Ghost has been here over a year though when I posted, but I'm not gonna hit delete...) I was concerned about potential 'office politics' or maybe social disputes though doing it on my own. :unsure: [/QUOTE]
Please leave him be, Ghost is a friend so it's fine. Unless he turned kung fu on us o_o then that's another story.

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 12 years ago

HI- CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH ALITTLECORN AND NOVACAIN- HOPE WE WILL ALWAYS WILL BE FRIENDS- HUGS GIGGLES - IF ALITTLEACORN MEANT HER STATEMENT- ABOUT TAKING THE WORLD OVER WE SHOULD HAVE ASTROBOY CHECK IT OUT USING HER TRANSFORMATION POWERS! BUT OF COURSE WE KNEW SHE WAS KIDDING- RIGHT EVERYONE!? HUGS SWEETLY

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”