Is 1976's "Water Tower" a real end to Astroboy?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Is 1976's "Water Tower" a real end to Astroboy?

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 18 years ago

Well, in fact I'm sure that, actually, Astroboy hasn't a "real" end, but many alternatives. However, in this one Astroboy was reconstructed, isn't it? As the name of the series is Astroboy II... Am I right or not?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Welcome Ataru!

Well, it was the last story to be printed in Shonen Jump so it's an ending in that sense. Tezuka wrote some more Astroboy stories in 1980-1981 though, I think this was to go with the colour TV series.

He seemed to skip around, writing Astro's creation in Dr Tenma (1967) and The Birth of Astro Boy (1975), and resurrecting him in Astro II (1975), The End of Astro Boy (1970), Astro Returns (1972) and Astro Boy Reborn (1966). Probably others.

I think of the real end as the one where he flies into the sun, but I can't find the story right now. The one that was made as the last episode of the B&W series. But choose whichever one you like. :)

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

DrFrag wrote:Welcome Ataru!

Well, it was the last story to be printed in Shonen Jump so it's an ending in that sense. Tezuka wrote some more Astroboy stories in 1980-1981 though, I think this was to go with the colour TV series.

He seemed to skip around, writing Astro's creation in Dr Tenma (1967) and The Birth of Astro Boy (1975), and resurrecting him in Astro II (1975), The End of Astro Boy (1970), Astro Returns (1972) and Astro Boy Reborn (1966). Probably others.

I think of the real end as the one where he flies into the sun, but I can't find the story right now. The one that was made as the last episode of the B&W series. But choose whichever one you like. :)

Thanks for your welcome, and yes, better keep it to our imagination. (I asked this because I'm an Spaniard, and in Spain, Astro Boy's manga publication is still on the run (the latest volume there is 13, published last Fabruary)... and spoilers don't bother me! :cool: .

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Ataru Moroboshi wrote:Thanks for your welcome, and yes, better keep it to our imagination. (I asked this because I'm an Spaniard, and in Spain, Astro Boy's manga publication is still on the run (the latest volume there is 13, published last Fabruary)... and spoilers don't bother me! :cool: .
Welcome! :)

Sorry for being off topic, but would you happen to know Jetter Mars, or Jet Marte in Spanish? :unsure: I'd love to buy the DVDs in Spanish, should they become legally available!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Welcome, Ataru Moroboshi. I really enjoy U. Y. & all its characters, including Ataru Moroboshi. :D I just finished disc 31 of 45 that are currently available for borrowing. :hyo:

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President

Astro forever wrote:Welcome! :)

Sorry for being off topic, but would you happen to know Jetter Mars, or Jet Marte in Spanish? :unsure: I'd love to buy the DVDs in Spanish, should they become legally available!

I think Jetter Mars was never realased in Spain, but in Latin America. However, I think I can help you with some elinks or torrents. It's the only thing I can do for you. :(

The only Spanish DVD realase of Astroboy is half of the American DVD edition of the latest series, by Gainax. Disgracefully, neither the 1963 :( :( nor the 1981 :cry: versions have arrived to Spain :d oh: (but, I repeat, they have arrived to Latin America).

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President

jeffbert wrote:Welcome, Ataru Moroboshi. I really enjoy U. Y. & all its characters, including Ataru Moroboshi. :D I just finished disc 31 of 45 that are currently available for borrowing. :hyo:

Ataru Moroboshi rulez and will always do! :w00t: YEEE-HAA!

And I :heart: Lum much more for her beauty!

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Ataru Moroboshi wrote:I think Jetter Mars was never realased in Spain, but in Latin America. However, I think I can help you with some elinks or torrents. It's the only thing I can do for you. :(

The only Spanish DVD realase of Astroboy is half of the American DVD edition of the latest series, by Gainax. Disgracefully, neither the 1963 :( :( nor the 1981 :cry: versions have arrived to Spain :d oh: (but, I repeat, they have arrived to Latin America).
Thanks! :)

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President

O.K. after a little investigation I have found openings, endings and a chapter in Spanish for the downloading program E-Mule....

And that maybe Jetter Mars was actually aired on TV in Spain, but it was totally unsuccessful.
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”