About the Manga Astro Boy 1980 release...

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
drharo
Kokoro Robot

About the Manga Astro Boy 1980 release...

Postby drharo » 18 years ago

Is there a problem with the disc case for the first two discs? I'm hearing stories of people having floaters (discs that bounce around in the case due to it not being locked correctly) and I have it myself. It's the second disc lock, BTW... the first one locks fine.

Is this a common problem with this release?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Not to my knoweldge... :unsure: Mine was fine.

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 18 years ago

It's possible with the other discs too. Don't orry too much about it, as long as it plays fine.

drharo
Kokoro Robot

Postby drharo » 18 years ago

The other discs hold fine, it's just that one. I put the booklet in the case, it acts as buffer, keeping the 2nd disc from coming off.

Another annoying bit about this is those double lock slim-cases will not be easy to find and replace. :d oh:

It's not that big an issue, worse comes to worse I could just put it in a spare disc envolope I get from PC games. Just thought I'd ask and see if it had happened to anyone else.

Astro Forever
Administrator

It reminds me of another series I bought: there were 5 disks in 5 cases. The first one was okay, but the "circle" in the middle that holds the disk was different in the other 4. I thought I'd never be able to get those discs out of the cases without breaking them! I thought it was so stupid! :mad: Since it was so risky and took so much time to take them out, I put them in regular CD thin cases, printed a sheet with all the episodes and stored the original box and empty cases somewhere. :rolleyes:

As you say, it's not a big issue, but it's still a little bit frustrating to not be able to keep the collection in its original box. :cry:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

All of mine are loose and at least one disc falls out when I open the cases. There's no damage, it's just bad design.

The Madman cases are excellent though. I guess you get what you pay for.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

DrFrag wrote:All of mine are loose and at least one disc falls out when I open the cases. There's no damage, it's just bad design.

The Madman cases are excellent though. I guess you get what you pay for.

Mine is ok. I did have trouble or should I say confusion with the Speed Racer #3. When I received it, It was obviously bouncing around, so I returned it unopened. The replacement was the same, so, I opened it, only to find a circular metal box somewhat like a miniature fruit cake tin, with the disk upon a foam pillow. The thing was painted to resemble the Mach 5's steering wheel, but I and others thougt it was a dumb way to package a disk. :hyo:

oh, my P-version of the 80s set #1 has hubs that do not hold the discs. I place a rubber band atop the painted side to hold them in place. :( <-- Hey, is this a new 'smiley?'

Astro Forever
Administrator

The :( smiley has been there for a few weeks now. But I miss the pink embarrassed one. :confused: It was there, but has vanished since! :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”