Questions on "Birth of Atlas"

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
mr skunk
Robot President

Questions on "Birth of Atlas"

Postby mr skunk » 18 years ago

I bought the 1980 series on DVD and was excited to watch the episode(s) where Atlas gets created by Skunk and Guiss. Unfortunetly, that episode is't on any of the disks, but they mention it in the episode guide that came with the box set. Does any one know where I can get a torrent of that episode (english or japanese)? Anything you can tell me about it would be great.
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

gentleman92576
Kokoro Robot

Postby gentleman92576 » 18 years ago

I have both Japanese episodes :w00t: :

The Birth of Astroboy
Astro Vs. Atlas

The 1980 series you are refering to is probably this one:

You're not the first to be fooled by this box set and you won't be the last. if you want the episodes, let me know.

BTW: are you a yahoo member of this group????

Because if you are, then you already know who I am.

mr skunk wrote:I bought the 1980 series on DVD and was excited to watch the episode(s) where Atlas gets created by Skunk and Guiss. Unfortunetly, that episode is't on any of the disks, but they mention it in the episode guide that came with the box set. Does any one know where I can get a torrent of that episode (english or japanese)? Anything you can tell me about it would be great.
"I'll name you Atlas...
Dictator of the Earth."

- Count Walpur Guiss
The Birth of Astroboy (J)

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 18 years ago

...O_o?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Here: ftp://ast:ast@atomu.ath.cx:6872/video_eps/80s/

Astroboy (1980 sub) 01 - The Birth of Astroboy.avi and Astroboy (1980 sub) 02 - Astro vs Atlas.avi.
Last edited by Astro Forever on Sat May 13, 2006 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr skunk
Robot President

Helpful

You guys are so helpful. Thanks so much! :D

mr skunk
Robot President

uh oh.....

Astro Forever? I'm sorry to bother you again, but the server is asking me for a password, and I'm not sure what I should do.... :d oh:

mr skunk
Robot President

WAH!

It's Gentalman! Hi, you know me too! Lol..... well, I didn't e-mail you to ask for the episodes because I didn't want you to think I was being too demanding. However, if you don't have a problem sending thme to me, I would love that so much. Thank you! :heart:

Astro Forever
Administrator

mr skunk wrote:Astro Forever? I'm sorry to bother you again, but the server is asking me for a password, and I'm not sure what I should do.... :d oh:
I always seem to mess up the link to that server.... :unsure: I'm sorry, I edited the link in my post above. It should work now! :)

And you don't bother me at all! :D

mr skunk
Robot President

hmmm....

Oh dear..... you know, it's probably my computer. Here's what's happening....

The seperate window pops up but with it also pops up another window asking for a password. I tried logging in anonymously, but (as I suspected) I got a warning saying I didn't have permission to acsess the files. If I close the log-in box, the server window stays open, but when I click on the link that would take me to the episodes, the log-in window pops up again. Geez, I'm sorry to be such a burden. :unsure:

Astro Forever
Administrator

mr skunk wrote:Oh dear..... you know, it's probably my computer. Here's what's happening....

The seperate window pops up but with it also pops up another window asking for a password. I tried logging in anonymously, but (as I suspected) I got a warning saying I didn't have permission to acsess the files. If I close the log-in box, the server window stays open, but when I click on the link that would take me to the episodes, the log-in window pops up again. Geez, I'm sorry to be such a burden. :unsure:
No, this is not your computer. I see what's happening. When I tried the link above, it did ask me for a password. I assumed that I had given the wrong link; I must have given a bad link to that server at least 2 or 3 times in the past! :unsure: It was usually because I would type the URL in my browser, which doesn't include the password. Anyway, earlier tonight I had put the password in, then changed the link and, since it didn't ask me for a password, I had assumed it was because the link was right. That was wrong.

Long story short, the server now asks for a password, and it must go with the IP address because I had tried with my other browsers and didn't have the prompt.

So just type in the password: ast

It should work this time! :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”