Omega Factor and the anime

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Iron Arm
Kokoro Robot

Omega Factor and the anime

Postby Iron Arm » 18 years ago

Hey guys. I've just started playing through Astro Boy: Omega Factor. The gameplay's great, but what surprised me was how interesting the story is.

A scientist building a super-powerful robot in the image of his dead son, then mysteriously abandoning him.
An anti-robot hate group attacking the first robot president.
Traveling back in time to fight a three-eyed psychic. :eek:

Anyway, I was wondering if the game is directly based on one of the anime or manga series or movies. It'd be great to see the story in animated form.

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kimba » 18 years ago

Iron Arm wrote:Hey guys. I've just started playing through Astro Boy: Omega Factor. The gameplay's great, but what surprised me was how interesting the story is.

A scientist building a super-powerful robot in the image of his dead son, then mysteriously abandoning him.
An anti-robot hate group attacking the first robot president.
Traveling back in time to fight a three-eyed psychic. :eek:

Anyway, I was wondering if the game is directly based on one of the anime or manga series or movies. It'd be great to see the story in animated form.

Well, your first example is definantly based off of the new series (since, in all other series, there was some involvment of Hamegg).

The second example may have been in the manga (haven't read it yet), but I know for sure that it was in the 80's series (except the identity of the Red Cross leader was never revealed).

Can't really say for the third example.

Though, if you get toward the end...

*Spoilers*

The girl robot is based off of Niki from "Astro's First Love".

Oh, and the end of the game is basically like the end of the 60's series (again, I don't know if this was at the end of the manga).

*Spoilers End*

BTW, this is my first post. Interesting how my first post is about what got me into Astro Boy in the first place. :p

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Welcome Iron Arm and Kimba :)

I'm pretty sure Deadcross appeared in the 60s series and the manga, as well as the 80s series.

I think the 3-eyed psychic is from another of Tezuka's stories. He appeared in one of the 2003 episodes (with a bandaid over his middle eye) but I think his personality was different.
He also appeared in The Last Big Event of the 20th Century. He seemed to go evil when his middle eye was uncovered.

Jeffbert's our character expert, I'm sure he'll have something to say. :D :hyo:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Welcome, Kimba and Iron Arms! :)

DrFrag wrote:He appeared in one of the 2003 episodes (with a bandaid over his middle eye) but I think his personality was different.
He did? :unsure: I totally missed him! :eek:

I've unfortunately never played that game, but the time-traveling thing reminds me of, well, the "Time Machine" 1980 episode.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Episode 27 - Old Dog, New Tricks

It's the one with the transforming snake, and the fountain monument thing that kept changing.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Oh wow, I never realized it was him! :o hmy: Thanks! :D I have to say it's been a while since I've watched the 2003 series, and I probably didn't know this character very well (if at all) back then.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

I believe that the "Marine Express" film (that I'd really like to see!) is where the time traveling comes in. BTW, does anyone have that on the internet?

Astro Forever
Administrator

Anapan, but his server is down.

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 18 years ago

Oh. I had tried to access his before and my computer always goes slow and won't let me access any of the files.

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 18 years ago

DrFrag wrote:Episode 27 - Old Dog, New Tricks

It's the one with the transforming snake, and the fountain monument thing that kept changing.

I own the DVD collection but I still haven't watched all of them I need some alone time to watch more than maybe I can get more inspriation to write some Astro Boy stories again. :unsure: I have been busy lately and just not enough Astro Boy in my life lol. Also I'm tired so it will have to wait until tommoro to watch it.
11:20 PM
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”