What are those THINGS in the opening?!?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

What are those THINGS in the opening?!?

Postby Kimba » 17 years ago

Ok, this has been bothering me for a while now. What are those things in the opening? I recognize Astro and Frankenstein, but what are these?:

"Ancient battles which actually took place in Ancient Japan. So here's this GIANT ENEMY CRAB, and you have to attack it's weak point for massive damage."

So, what are they?

Punch-Out: Astro Style!

Starring: Astro as Little Mac, Dr. Elefun as the Referee, and Daddy Walrus as the Fat guy Who Makes You Wear a Pink Jogging Suit!

Kimba wrote:Wow, this thread fell faster than Astro flying really high with low energy.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Just monsters and aliens. They weren't anywhere in the series.

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 17 years ago

Probably planned at some point, but due to the series ended rather on short notice...

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 17 years ago

I think the kind of elephant is a radiactive mutation between a proboscydeus, a caterpillar and Richard Nixon.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

So, what are they?[/QUOTE]

i don't know but this picture ^ looks like some thing from planet Delta

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

ChibiGoku wrote:Probably planned at some point, but due to the series ended rather on short notice...
What do you mean? :confused:

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro Forever wrote:What do you mean? :confused:

*Shrugs*

Maybe he's referring to the fact that this was the only series that didn't have a proper ending.

Starring: Astro as Little Mac, Dr. Elefun as the Referee, and Daddy Walrus as the Fat guy Who Makes You Wear a Pink Jogging Suit!

Kimba wrote:Wow, this thread fell faster than Astro flying really high with low energy.

ChibiGoku
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ChibiGoku » 17 years ago

Kimba wrote:*Shrugs*

Maybe he's referring to the fact that this was the only series that didn't have a proper ending.

Pretty much. True, the series was a bunch of episodes strung in a different order. (Save for one episode, though it's barely referenced in later episodes.) It's just, I'm guessing the series at some point was suppossed to be longer. Of course, we'll never know or sure... :confused:

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

ChibiGoku wrote:Pretty much. True, the series was a bunch of episodes strung in a different order. (Save for one episode, though it's barely referenced in later episodes.) It's just, I'm guessing the series at some point was suppossed to be longer. Of course, we'll never know or sure... :confused:

Well, there WAS the Atlas episodes and the two-part Bruton/Pluto episodes, but, yeah, the series, in my opinion, just ended at a strange point.

I'll go over the endings of the other series:

60's: Astro died.
03' : The world enters a new age of peace.

And the 80's series was pretty much 3/4ths of the world's population had died, all the villans had changed their ways, died, or are Skunk (whatever DID happen to him after he was left floating on a Death Balloon?), and Astro had finally lost his mind after Niki died, and is talking to people who aren't really there.

Personally, I like the 03' series' ending better than the others.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

It is strange that these things appear here, but nowhere else. :hyo: The idea that the series was cancelled abruptly & all the episodes containing these things were among those that were never shown seems a bit too coincidental. :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”