Omega Factor

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Matty_kool
Metro City Citizen

Omega Factor

Postby Matty_kool » 17 years ago

Have u noticed that astroboy: omega factor to ps2 and gba are nearly based from the soul of the 80's and 2k3

in the 80's eps it is called the omega factor and in 2k3 eps it is called cocoral
"I just don't wanna leave you. It's just that you mean so much to me. I guess that humans would call this special feeling love."

←[SIZE=4]←[/SIZE] :astro: Osamu Tezuka 3 Nov 1928 - 9 Feb 1989. 48 DAYS BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Long Live Osamu Tezuka :astro: We All Praise You.

Latu
On a Flight into Space

Postby Latu » 17 years ago

I own Omega Factor for the GBA but not PS2.
"Astro, you must exceed the limitations that humans cannot!
You must be go beyond nationality, ethnicity,
pilosophy, and religion,
starvation and poverty,
and war!
Exceed these limitations created by man!
You must fly high! Higher than any human has ever flown before!
To reach for the future that no human has been able to so far!"
:tenma: :astro:

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 17 years ago

i lov that one

Kaileocomial
Metro City Citizen

Postby Kaileocomial » 17 years ago

I haven't played the PS2 game (heard VERY bad things about it), but the GBA game is AWESOME! And yeah, it definately seems to draw upon aspects of all versions of Astro Boy for it's story & other things (ie: machine guns in the bum-bum), which I think is really cool & alot better than if they had just made a version of the 2003 story. Good job Sega!

Matty_kool
Metro City Citizen

Postby Matty_kool » 17 years ago

the ps2 version is an awsome game, and by the way

(ie: machine guns in the bum-bum),

they come out of his hips, but the way he is animated it looks like they are coming out of his backside.
:astro:
"I just don't wanna leave you. It's just that you mean so much to me. I guess that humans would call this special feeling love."

←[SIZE=4]←[/SIZE] :astro: Osamu Tezuka 3 Nov 1928 - 9 Feb 1989. 48 DAYS BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Long Live Osamu Tezuka :astro: We All Praise You.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

Matty_kool wrote:in the 80's eps it is called the omega factor and in 2k3 eps it is called cocoral

In the 80s, the Omega Factor is a device that makes robots evil. However, it is not clear whether it actually makes them evil, or rather allows them to be evil.
In the 2000s, it is called "kokoro", that is litteraly "the heart".
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

I think they're different things. Kokoro permits emotion, Omega Factor permits moral flexibility. Astro never had the Omega Factor.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

DrFrag wrote:I think they're different things. Kokoro permits emotion, Omega Factor permits moral flexibility. Astro never had the Omega Factor.

Astro had the Omega Factor in the GBA game, but it was basically the 2000s' kokoro.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Really? That's weird. In the 80s series Dr Elefun says it makes a robot capable of great evil, and Dr Boynton (Tenma) refuses to use it outright.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

DrFrag wrote:Really? That's weird. In the 80s series Dr Elefun says it makes a robot capable of great evil, and Dr Boynton (Tenma) refuses to use it outright.

Yes, but the GBA game is mostly based on the 2000s. Now just let me guess why they chose an expression found only in the 80s :unsure:
Maybe tomorrow I will extract the texts that describe the Omega Factor in the game. That's not difficult, they are near the beginning.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”