60's question Re: "Big Titan"

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Kaileocomial
Metro City Citizen

60's question Re: "Big Titan"

Postby Kaileocomial » 17 years ago

Ok, the episode "Big Titan" - is this supposed to be an adaptation of "the strongest robot in the world?" I mean, the only thing it has in common as far as I can tell is the Pluto-shaped robot, Titan. I was so excited to see the 60's version of my favorite Astro Boy story, but it turns out its about some Apache Scientist who makes Native American looking robots & stuff... like... WHAT? I NEVER thought I'd say this, but if this is supposed to be "The strongest robot" the 2003 version is WAY closer to the original! LOL

Is there a propper version of "the strongest robot"? If so, was it translated? and if so, where is it hiding?

It's not really that big a deal, I mean, this second box is freakin' amazing either way... the story lines are SOOO out there!

Matty_kool
Metro City Citizen

Postby Matty_kool » 17 years ago

well in the 80's there is a strongest robot which turns out to be astro himself of course after beating a 2mill horsepower robot i forget his name. :astro: :astro:
"I just don't wanna leave you. It's just that you mean so much to me. I guess that humans would call this special feeling love."

←[SIZE=4]←[/SIZE] :astro: Osamu Tezuka 3 Nov 1928 - 9 Feb 1989. 48 DAYS BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Long Live Osamu Tezuka :astro: We All Praise You.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

There is a proper version, but it wasn't translated. It's the Japanese episodes 116 and 117 "The Biggest Robot on Earth".

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:There is a proper version, but it wasn't translated. It's the Japanese episodes 116 and 117 "The Biggest Robot on Earth".

Yes Asia sells

Astro Boy Best Selection Robot Series (Japan Version) (Region 2)
for under $25. The shipping charges will probably be high, though. :astro:

Cd Japan has it for even less:
ASTRO BOY (ATOM) Best Selection "Robot-hen"(Region 2)

1. episode 82 "Robot kyougikai no maki" [The Robot Olympics]
2. episode 116 "Shijou saidai no robot no maki (part 1)"
3. episode 117 "Shijou saidai no robot no maki (part 2)"

For anyone who has read the manga version, the story is easy to understand, even though it is in Japanese. :astro:

In regards to Big Titan, here is a thread, complete w/ pictures & discussion: 073 Big Titan. Note that these images are from the Japanese version. :astro:
Last edited by jeffbert on Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaileocomial
Metro City Citizen

Postby Kaileocomial » 17 years ago

Thanks Jeff, Frag, I knew you guys would have the scoop!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Kaileocomial wrote:Thanks Jeff, Frag, I knew you guys would have the scoop!

You are welcome. On another issue, my friends call me 'Jeff,' you call me 'ROBOCOP.' :D Really, please use 'jeffbert' when referring to me. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”