Plastic Skin

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

i never used to think it was skin until i saw the 80's episodes...i thought it was PAINTED onto a metalic body,and that his boots where built onto the legs.shows how much i know XD
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Spike wrote:It all boils down to.........it's a cartoon, please forgive them for not being 100% technically and biologically correct, over look the little nitpicking tiddly bits and enjoy it, the more you nitpick the more fake it is, sit back and jus watch it not pick it to bits for it's technicallity and then you can trick your brain into not caring about the small shiat and let you enjoy the big picture.

yeap, you hit the nail on the head, the 2003 verison has problems like this too. but i just sit back and watch it :D to tell you the truth i like cartoons like that becuase they give you something that you don't see every day and make you say wow to your self. someone has to think all that up. like the little 11 year old who made pokemon, well i think he was 11.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Spike wrote:It all boils down to.........it's a cartoon, please forgive them for not being 100% technically and biologically correct, over look the little nitpicking tiddly bits and enjoy it, the more you nitpick the more fake it is, sit back and jus watch it not pick it to bits for it's technicallity and then you can trick your brain into not caring about the small shiat and let you enjoy the big picture.

This is true; however, having taking a class in Critical Approaches to Literature, I can say that this approach takes all the fun out of it.

The skin was designed to accomdate the chest panel, machine gun ports, etc. We have seen several techniques of folding the feet away when activating the jets, but has anyone seen a similar technique for the hands? :hyo:

When he lost his head in the 80s version of Sea Serpent Island, how did he find his way home, without eyes? :p Answer:

1. Like Goliath, all robots have eyes in their chests
  2. The workers control the means of production
  3. It is a cartoon, do not take it so seriously
  4. The struggle of the urban proletariat

Does Pinoko's artificial skin have
  1. pores?
  2. Sweat glands?
  3. nerve receptors?
  4. follicles?
  5. finger or toe prints?
  6. Goose pimples when its cold?
  7. Do her hands and feet wrinkle after a hot bath?

:D
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

jeffbert wrote:When he lost his head in the 80s version of Sea Serpent Island, how did he find his way home, without eyes? :p Answer:

I say he has an integrated GPS system and, knowing very well the location of his home, he has no problem finding his way back! :D

It's like in Save the Carolina 3, you tell him where he should go and... he finds the spot! :cool: Unlike me... :unsure:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

jeffbert wrote:The skin was designed to accomdate the chest panel, machine gun ports, etc. We have seen several techniques of folding the feet away when activating the jets, but has anyone seen a similar technique for the hands? :hyo:

Yes, in The Death Balloon.

Is that what you meant?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:Yes, in The Death Balloon.

Is that what you meant?

Hmm, I do not recall seeing that before, how many frames are in the sequence?

I see a familiar shape in the last frame's foreground, but is is not where I would expect to see it. :D

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i think the skin is guled on :D

Spike
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spike » 17 years ago

fafner wrote:Picking inconsistencies is our pleasure :D and it doesn't spoil our pleasure to watch episodes ;)

I have always imagined that his skin would be more some kind of layer added on the metal, like some plastic tightly glued.

Mabye he's like the terminator, living flesh over a metal skeleton :whistling:
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
| ..SPIKE'S BIGGER!..__| | .......BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.
|_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -
"(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

Spike
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spike » 17 years ago

Sparx wrote:yeap, you hit the nail on the head, the 2003 verison has problems like this too. but i just sit back and watch it :D to tell you the truth i like cartoons like that becuase they give you something that you don't see every day and make you say wow to your self. someone has to think all that up. like the little 11 year old who made pokemon, well i think he was 11.

I used to enjoy combat movies but after spending 4 years in the Navy and cos it was my job i had to know all the small arms weapons back to front, now when i watch movies with gunfights in them all i can think is.....that's not the sound that calibre makes or that's way too much rounds for that magazine or even hey you can clearly see the blank rounds on the machine gun belts (black hawke down just to name one) before i would have never noticed these things and now it's second nature, i can tell if a gun's timing is out just by listening to it rattle of rounds, i wish i could just sit back and enjoy the movie but my brain keeps nitpicking things and it gets really annoying, ruins the effect of some movies.
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||

| ..SPIKE'S BIGGER!..__| | .......BEER TRUCK.....| ||´|";,___.

|_..._...__________/====|_..._..._______==|=||_|__|..., ] -

"(@)´(@)"""´´" *|(@)(@) "(@)´(@)"""´´"*|(@)(@)****(@)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

:lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”