Who is Your Favorite Character?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 17 years ago

Hmm... A very interesting topic indeed.
I DO think that Dr. Tenma is a very interesting character, one of my favorites (and I could go on FOREVER about that), but... I really dunno who I would honestly say my favorite character is. ahhh... that's what I get for being away for so long. XD

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

Welcome back! :D Great to see you around. :cool:

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

^^ thanks! Yeah, I missed you all and thought that I at least show that I still exist. But, yeah... I'll try to come back more often!

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Which Tenma?
  1. Manga/1963 anime
  2. 1980 anime
  3. 2003 anime

I should even divide the manga further becuase Tenma in the Chronicles was far from the Tenma in Shonen, who after selling Atom to Hamegg, helped his creation fight Dr. Baribari, & even counseled Cleopatra to defy her creator, just as A defied T. The Chronicles made T downright evil, as he denied his wife's request to keep A. Yet, after a while he still helped A by making mama not only in form of Hoshie, but tuaght her that she was Hoshie. :tenma:

I am still occasionally working on the content for a website, but am thinking about seeing if Dark Horse will publish it. I have so much stuff that I cannot keep track of it. :lol:

Chronicles ? was that before the shonen version? could you tell me a bit about it?

wel my least favorite Tenma is from the 1980 Anime version mainly because he only apeared in 1-2 episodes and it was implied he died shorty after he and Astro got seprated,

the Manga and 2003 version are both my favorite i love his new Black-Jacket but i prefer he would have kept his Profosor-Uniform on :) and offcourse his hat and sun-glasses
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

I've read Chronicles, or I think the full title is "Chronicles of Astro Boy"... I think. From my memory, he's rather cruel to his family. At first, his wife Hoshie doesn't like Astro (at the time Tobio), but after he tries to act more human, she ends up liking him. Tenma begins to hate him, and wishes he would act more like a robot again when he realizes that Astro can't grow up like other children. And so on...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

"Hikari Tail" wrote:Chronicles ? was that before the shonen version? could you tell me a bit about it?

wel my least favorite Tenma is from the 1980 Anime version mainly because he only apeared in 1-2 episodes and it was implied he died shorty after he and Astro got seprated,

the Manga and 2003 version are both my favorite i love his new Black-Jacket but i prefer he would have kept his Profosor-Uniform on :) and offcourse his hat and sun-glasses

The Chronicles were published from January 24, 1967 to February 28, 1969 in the The Sankei Shinbun, a newspaper. Shonen ran a few more stories after that date, and Tezuka also wrote a few stories for 1st & 2nd grade school magazines: http://en-f.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/alphabet/a_5.html

:astro:

Stikibunn
Kokoro Robot

Postby Stikibunn » 17 years ago

Returning to the orignial topic of conversation...
I like Uran and Niki.. but I don't like Uran as Zoran or Astrogirl. In the 60's she seemed too girly (as was proper at the time) and was very a very flat character and I don't know the new version well enough to really accuratly state a reason apart from the fact that she looked stupid in her silly pink outfit as apposed to her red dress and bauble that acted as a handle for her hatch (you only see it once when we first meet her)
I also like how she really tries to be like Astro. She tries to save the day but isn't very good (I think she's supposed to be 4 or 5 I think so that might be the reason) but if she had powers like her brother she'd be irresponcible with them (she does break a lot of stuff) and she's delightfully annoying like a little sister should by (unlike super-useful prissy 60's astrogirl)

Nikki
Kokoro Robot

Postby Nikki » 17 years ago

I like Astro then Uran then Nikki i can't choose out of Nikki and Uran But i absoulty love Astro :heart: :astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”