Astro Boy `2009` Movie Picture?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro Boy `2009` Movie Picture?

Postby Hikari Tail » 17 years ago

if there is already another tread on this forgive me, i found this on the Net on 2-3 websites its a movie image, for the 2009 Astroboy Movie

this bether not be a fake they promised a Astroboy movie around 2000 2001 then it was 2003 then it was 2005/2006 and now it was 2008 now they say 2009,
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

True.... oh 3D :D thats cool.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

I think 3D animation is invading this country, and I'm not ashamed to say I miss the good ol' 2D flicks. But, needless to say, it is an art form, and it IS Astroboy, so yes, I'm very excited. :) Thank you for the picture!
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

Hey Hikari Tail! Haven't seen you around for a while. :)

I haven't seen that picture before. Imagi Studios are working on the movie now that they've finished making TMNT.

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 17 years ago

the creator of `Samurai Jack`will no longer direct the movie, and the rumor that Tim Burton was going to direct the movie is also false
Wikipedia:
The feature film of the long-running anime series Astro Boy will be released in 2009. Imagi Animation Studios announced the project in September 2006. It will be directed by Colin Brady (Everyone's Hero) and produced by Maryann Garger (Flushed Away). [1] and Co Director of Toy Story 2

Storyline:
When his son dies, a scientist creates a powerful robot boy, Astro Boy, to be his replacement. Intended to be his own personal secret, Astro Boy ends up using his extraordinary abilities (flight via jet-powered boots, strength, invulnerability, lasers that shoot out of his fingers, super-hearing, etc.) to become a world-famous superhero. And the hero arrives in the spotlight just in time, as an evil alien race soon starts to invade Earth, with Astro Boy our only protection
Last edited by Hikari Tail on Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?

http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/

Visit my DA account!

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

So... it's going to be completely CGI?

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

"DrFrag" wrote:Hey Hikari Tail! Haven't seen you around for a while. :)

I haven't seen that picture before. Imagi Studios are working on the movie now that they've finished making TMNT.

So... Does anyone know what TMNT made in the box office?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

In the USA, it's made $52 million after five weeks. Half of that was in the opening week.

stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

That's bad.

Kaileocomial
Metro City Citizen

Postby Kaileocomial » 17 years ago

I really enjoyed TMNT & I'm excited to see what Imagi do with our favorite little robot!

I feel like CG has finally evolved to the point where it's actually a legitimate art form, and not just a gimmick anymore. The technology has advanced to the point where animators are able to convey movement & emotion in a highly convincing manner, and I think that one of the big problems with CG in the past was the limitations of the technology (resulting in jerky movement & facial expressions, unrealistic physics, etc).

I really do wish there was more quality classic 2D animation being produced - I don't expect this new 3D astro boy to replace the 2D cartoons in my heart, but the fact of the matter is that we already have THREE great 2D versions of Astro Boy... I for one don't mind trying something different for a change!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”