Astroboy-->Adult Swim 7/14 @2am?!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
richardthebrave
Kokoro Robot

Postby richardthebrave » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:According to the message just before Robot Chicken started last night,
Astroboy will be on Adult Swim: Starts 7/14 at 2 AM. :astro:

one more week to go then.. ill see if they broadcast it here in the philippines
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Actually, Astroboy uses some rather sophisticated names for many characters; names whose meanings were unknown to most little kids. here are a few:

1. Baron Hoodwink
  2. Professor Usurper

:mad: Those are the only ones that come to mind, but there are many more. Did Fredd Ladd & Co. intend Astroboy as a kiddie show? If so, why choose names such as those? :astro:

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 17 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:Actually, Astroboy uses some rather sophisticated names for many characters; names whose meanings were unknown to most little kids. here are a few:

1. Baron Hoodwink
  2. Professor Usurper

:mad: Those are the only ones that come to mind, but there are many more. Did Fredd Ladd & Co. intend Astroboy as a kiddie show? If so, why choose names such as those? :astro:

Jeffbert there are a lot of strange things in Astro boy. They have had time to look through all the episodes. And pick the strangest episodes....
Get ready. Who knows what they will show...
Astro may turn into a underground hit on adult swim....
Where adults can interface at 2:00am in the morning where no kids are awake... :eek:
But we kids that were there at the start will enjoy...
Last edited by cybotron on Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

1magus
Robot President

Postby 1magus » 17 years ago

Yeah I just saw 50s Astro fly by on Adult Swim but I didin't catch what it said :(
"You're wrong. The heart may be weak, and sometimes, it may even give in. But I know, deep inside it, there is a light that never goes out."-Sora

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"1magus" wrote:Yeah I just saw 50s Astro fly by on Adult Swim but I didin't catch what it said :(

It's astro boy week on Adult swim!!!!
Get ready here it comes! :lol: :eek: :astro:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"jeffbert" wrote:According to the message just before Robot Chicken started last night,

Lest there be any confusion, the show will air Sunday mornings starting 7/15 @ 2am. :astro: Now I will need a few more 180 or 200 minute tapes, because I just now began to appreciate Shin-chan. :D
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;74473]According to the message just before Robot Chicken started last night,

Lest there be any confusion, the show will air Sunday mornings starting 7/15 @ 2am. :astro: Now I will need a few more 180 or 200 minute tapes, because I just now began to appreciate Shin-chan. :D [/QUOTE]
Shin Chan is quite good... If not a bit risque' :lol:
Due to frontal nudity! A no no to western audiences...
Last edited by jeffbert on Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;74646][QUOTE=jeffbert;74473]According to the message just before Robot Chicken started last night,

Lest there be any confusion, the show will air Sunday mornings starting 7/15 @ 2am. :astro: Now I will need a few more 180 or 200 minute tapes, because I just now began to appreciate Shin-chan. :D [/QUOTE]
Due to frontal nudity! A no no to western audiences...[/QUOTE]
Well, it is certainly not the first anime to show a little boy's wiggly, but it is the 1st one I have seen on American TV. I think the characters are too crudely drawn for it to be much of an issue, but I am certain others feel differently.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

"jeffbert" wrote:[QUOTE=cybotron;74647][QUOTE=jeffbert;74646][QUOTE=jeffbert;74473]According to the message just before Robot Chicken started last night,

Due to frontal nudity! A no no to western audiences...[/QUOTE]
Well, it is certainly not the first anime to show a little boy's wiggly, but it is the 1st one I have seen on American TV. I think the characters are too crudely drawn for it to be much of an issue, but I am certain others feel differently.[/QUOTE]
Well of course I don't care. But what would happen if I placed a picture of Shin Chan here?

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 17 years ago

Is it on Sunday at 2 am or Satureday at 2 am?

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”