Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Interesting comments, Jeffbert and Nora.

Jeffbert, I can certainly understand your skepticism re a sequel/series. Especially of concern I agree is what the US might do to it. lol. But we can still hope for a faithful adaptation if they do move forward. I do agree it's a bit surprising for me to hear they're even talking about a sequel/series with the movie's US performance, but one can still hope... It's a bit confusing why Paramount would be involved instead of Summit tho (unless they're related?).

Nora, how serious do they sound about this project? I would imagine 3D for a series would be wayyYyy too expensive ('course they pulled it off for Clone Wars), but that's just my take.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"sgupta" wrote:Nora, how serious do they sound about this project? I would imagine 3D for a series would be wayyYyy too expensive ('course they pulled it off for Clone Wars), but that's just my take.

On the contrary. CGI is less expensive then a group of artists doing it the old fashioned way. Its why everyones doing CGI these days.

Although as to how serious they are about it, I'm not to sure about cause everything starts out with a spark before it goes to a flame. Its just talk right now as with how everything else starts out with.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Let's see how the toys sell this Christmas and how well it does on DVD.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

"Nora" wrote:On the contrary. CGI is less expensive then a group of artists doing it the old fashioned way. Its why everyones doing CGI these days.

Really? Wow, this I didn't know. It was just an assumption on my part that 3D would be more expensive, but I can see what you mean. I had no idea it was so much cheaper though - thanks for informing me.

Although as to how serious they are about it, I'm not to sure about cause everything starts out with a spark before it goes to a flame. Its just talk right now as with how everything else starts out with.

Well, talk is better than no talk. =)

As Dragonrider1227 says, video and merchandise sales when it comes out may make all the difference.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I think if you're doing it like those Italian Pixar rip-offs then yeah, it's cheaper. But something like what Imagi or Pixar does can cost a pretty penny

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I think if you're doing it like those Italian Pixar rip-offs then yeah, it's cheaper. But something like what Imagi or Pixar does can cost a pretty penny

its still cheaper then a huge group of artists wasting paper, ink, coloring ink, using the computers to put them into a film and stuffs. Also its very eco-friendly.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=Dragonrider1227;94186]I think if you're doing it like those Italian Pixar rip-offs then yeah, it's cheaper. But something like what Imagi or Pixar does can cost a pretty penny

its still cheaper then a huge group of artists wasting paper, ink, coloring ink, using the computers to put them into a film and stuffs. Also its very eco-friendly.[/QUOTE]

If it's that cheap and Eco-Friendly maybe it sould be done in CGI... Just a thought. :)
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Looking at the worldwide release dates for the movie on the official website I can see why we don't have worldwide gross estimates yet. There are a lot of countries that aren't getting it until December, January, and even February.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

That's the trouble. In France it will be out in december, right for Christmas I think. I'm living almost in France, and for what I can see it will be the same in near countries. If I wanted, I could download it right away from the Internet in a language I can understand (English for example), and not see it in theater. I want to be fair but it is rather difficult; I am forced to skip a few topics here because of that (all "spoiler" topics). I think these people haven't grasped yet the concept of global communications. It's not even a matter of days, it is a matter of months! Surely it isn't so long to translate it in a bunch of languages (they managed to do it for some movies, sometimes to the points where all versions were out the same day worldwide).

And then they will say that "oversea viewers" are bad because they didn't go in theater as much as other ones :shifty:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Grrr... Interesting observation, fafner - I was not aware how widely disperesed distribution of this title is, but it explains a lot. Seems like Astro Boy as of late (2003 series and this) is cursed with botched releases. =o/

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”