Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Postby Hikari Tail » 16 years ago

Shouldn't we have a sticky for the Astroboy movie tread?
we can discuss all the rumors the reason why it keeps getting delayed it its a live action or good thing its a CGI voice actors ect and possible story line, and off course will the movie be a bit dark and mature or becoming for children only?
Will it stick true to Tezuka's Astro boy or will it be made to something complenty different
Will there be new movie only characters?

anyway i found this new Astroboy Movie poster at least the blog claimed its a new poster teaser for the 2009 Astroboy movie

Edit!
New artwork / bits of the interview
ImageImage
Last edited by Hikari Tail on Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

What is the source of the article? I really appreciate sharing, but this is copyrighted material. Perhaps you should give us the publication data and a small excerpt rather than the whole thing.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 16 years ago

It's from the official site of the company that is working on the feature film.

EDIT: http://www.imagi.com.hk/web/main.php
Last edited by EvilGenki on Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Found the address.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 16 years ago

"EvilGenki" wrote:It's from the official site of the company that is working on the feature film.

EDIT: http://www.imagi.com.hk/web/main.php

There is another thing on the menu about more details on the movie but for some reason i cant see it D ;

Can we make this tread ( or another ) a sticky or something?
nowone anserd but its better then someone making a topic about each new news/pictures/details about the upcomming movie.

Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?

http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/

Visit my DA account!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I just hope they give Astro a suitable voice. That, and they don't make every other character look insane. [Anybody else remember what Master Splinter looked like in TMNT?]
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

I don't know if this thread should be a sticky, but it's not a bad idea as many people could come here to find information about this.

That said, personally I tend to not notice new posts in sticky threads after a while because they are always at the top. :unsure:

Maybe we could let this thread here while it's active, and when it goes down, then we'll see. What do my fellow admins think? :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I just hope they give Astro a suitable voice. That, and they don't make every other character look insane. [Anybody else remember what Master Splinter looked like in TMNT?]
I've never heard of it, but what do you mean by "look insane"? Physically, psychologically or both?

I remember we had a discussion a while ago and somebody remarked that the characters in Astroboy looked somewhat outdated in comparison to the characters in the latest cartoon. I wouldn't mind if there was a bit of change in that department. I'm used to the characters as they are so it's also fine with me if there is no change. :)

The interview sounds interesting (thanks for sharing). It looks promising so far. :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I think the characters must stay the same to retain any faithfulness to the original. Why cast Duke Red as Tenma or Tawashi as Ochanmizu? It would just add confusion if they changed them enough to make them unrecognizable. It took me a while to figure out who was whom in the live-action version, & that was bad enough, but understandable. Keep the characters the same, & include plenty of cameos. :astro:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 16 years ago

Well the character design looks great so far just looking at the interview sheet and those other robots have a Ken Stacy kind of look to them.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”