Astro boy could be's

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Astro boy could be's

Postby astro-me » 16 years ago

Okay. I think the theme song really REALLY needs work, and the animation should be WAY better, but that was only in the 60's, but with the release of the new movie in '09, the animation will be 10x better, and the theme song might change. What do you think could improve? :confused:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

Well... it depends on what the reference is, one of the three series or the manga?

I think the animation was fabulous in the 2003 series (not that it matters since the movie will be in 3D), but the scenario in some episodes left a bit to be desired. I thought Astro was a robot first and a boy second, while it should be the othe way around. Tenma was turned into a wonderful character however.

I discovered Astro through the 1980 series so that one will always remain my favorite. I'm not impartial. :p However I doubt the movie will take much from it, the only interesting story going from one episode to the next was the one involving Atlas, and I'd rather have something new for the movie.

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Postby astro-me » 16 years ago

"Astro Forever" wrote:Well... it depends on what the reference is, one of the three series or the manga?

I think the animation was fabulous in the 2003 series (not that it matters since the movie will be in 3D), but the scenario in some episodes left a bit to be desired. I thought Astro was a robot first and a boy second, while it should be the othe way around. Tenma was turned into a wonderful character however.

I discovered Astro through the 1980 series so that one will always remain my favorite. I'm not impartial. :p However I doubt the movie will take much from it, the only interesting story going from one episode to the next was the one involving Atlas, and I'd rather have something new for the movie.

Anime. I like the animation in the color series, but the movie animation is great.
Go :astro: stro Boy!

"Love all creatures! Love everything that has life!"

-Osamu Tezuka

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 16 years ago

I'm not a huge fan of some small parts of the 80s series. I know its for kids, but why do they yell hip hip hooray together everything something good happens? its annoying

Astro Forever
Administrator

"crazyd2000" wrote:I'm not a huge fan of some small parts of the 80s series. I know its for kids, but why do they yell hip hip hooray together everything something good happens? its annoying
Could you give examples? I'm sure there are but I just can't think of any at the moment, except maybe for Uran often getting overexcited (but since she's meant to be young, that's okay).

Having grown with that series probably made me somewhat blind. :whistling:

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 16 years ago

The robots nobody wanted. when they escape from the cave, astro and the three robots yell hip hip hooray together

Astro Forever
Administrator

"crazyd2000" wrote:The robots nobody wanted. when they escape from the cave, astro and the three robots yell hip hip hooray together
I see. I don't particularily like this episode, not for that reason though. That's why I don't remember! :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”