Fanfic

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Fanfic

Postby astro-me » 16 years ago

Astro Boy was just doing a routine flyby around his planet. Nothing out of the ordinary. But then, suddenly, a black hole appeared! It seemed far away, and it was, but this was a particularly powerful black hole. Astro Boy's rockets put up a good fight, but in the end, space won. Astro Boy was sucked closer and closer to the black hole. He was in. The black hole chewed him up and spit him out. Astro Boy, well, not fainted, exactly, as he's a robot, but shut down temporarily. When he came to, he was on a strange planet covered in smog and there were all these tall silver antennas EVERYWHERE! And then, he found himself jostled by all these weird things wearing cloth on their bodies and heads.
He had landed on Earth, in New York City.
Go :astro: stro Boy!

"Love all creatures! Love everything that has life!"

-Osamu Tezuka

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I hate to be rude, but you've opened about ten threads by now. :unsure: Please call it a night.

Oh yeah - welcome to the forum, and Astro already lives on Earth.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

I'm so stupid...
Alright, another part of Earth. NYC is new to him.
Especially since this was twenty years before he was created. The black hole spat him out 20 years previously in NYC.
Last edited by astro-me on Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: As to not double-post.

-Osamu Tezuka

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Next Chapter:

Astro Boy recognized it as Earth, seeing as he will live there in 20 years, but this particular part of Earth was new to him. Also, he thought that this must be in the past, because, well, he couldn't see any robots! That's right! Not one! "Wow, these people must be really dumb not to have robots..." thought Astro Boy. Just then, he heard a cry: "HELP! HELP ME!"
Astro Boy followed the cry. He saw a girl being mugged. He wondered why nobody else had come.
"Alright. You have 2 options, girly," said the man. "One: You pay me the money, and I scram, then you go free. Option two: I FORCE you to give me the money, and that won't be pretty."
Astro Boy was infuriated. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?" he shouted. Then, without waiting for an answer, he flew straight at the felon. He shot lasers out of his fingertips at the criminal. But then, the mugger picked up the child and used her as a shield! Astro's lasers hit the little girl instead! Then, he dropped the child and ran away, knowing that Astro would stay to help the girl in any way possible.
Astro looked. She was hurt badly. He picked here up and carried her to the nearest hospital. He then left.

-Osamu Tezuka

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Astro flies around NYC while "How Far We've Come" by Matchbox 20 plays in the background, feeling lost and out of place in this old world. He had almost killed that little girl. Then he though of something. Astro stopped flying, and started walking. Except for a seemingly lack of clothing, Astro was a dead ringer for a human boy. He walked for miles, until he found a social service office. He walked in. The lady working at the desk there looked up.
"What's the matter, honey?" asked the secretary.
"I have no home," said Astro.
"Why?"
"I don't know," lied Astro. He felt guilty, then remembered that this was somewhat true.
"Oh. Well, I'm sure we can place you with some good family." she said. (Usually it takes way longer, but this is a fanfic, so I don't have time to describe the legal requirements)
The days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months. After his 3rd month without a home, the lady at the desk said "I know who you can stay with."
"Who?" Astro asked.
"Me," she said kindly.

-Osamu Tezuka

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

I love the part where he lies first and then realize it's somewhat true! :lol:

astro-me
Kokoro Robot

Astro was amazingly happy. He had to be careful, though. All the things a human can't do that he could. If only Dr. Boynton hadn't worked so hard...wait! That was it! It may be 20 years ago, but Dr. Elefun and Dr. Boynton were still here! Well, Dr. Boynton might be a little young, but Dr. Elefun must be at least 20! But would robotics be advanced enough? He found Dr. Elefun in the Yellow Pages, and flew to his house.
"Hello?" Dr. Elefun said.
"It's me. Astro Boy," said Astro.
"WHAT? IMPOSSIBLE! BOYNTON ISN'T EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH YOUR BLUEPRINTS!" he said.
"Long story," said Astro. "Involving Time Travel." Boynton must be older than he thought. "You should know my powers. Well, I need you to take them away and make me human...sort of. Let me eat, cry, laugh, and all else human 8 year olds do."
"Well, I can try," consented Elefun.

-Osamu Tezuka

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

Have you read vols 6-8 of the Astoboy manga? I find some details of your story similar to one of the episodes in those books. Anyway, aside from Dr Elefun's phone number being in the New York City telephone directory, rather than the Tokyo directory, your story is quite good. :p

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”