About Denkou *spoilers*

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 16 years ago

That's true. X-D

Hm, strange. For some reason, even though I watched it in Japanese, I didn't see Tobio die? I just saw Jumpu sniffing Tobio's hat and straight to Tenma being angry and deciding to rebuild him. :confused:

Censorship sucks.
In the American version of 2003, they changed Daichi's background story, censored out all mention of him ever being human, and instead fed us this weird and nonsensical story about how he has always been a robot.

I am not a robot. I'm a cyborg.
X-)
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

Censorship indeed SUCKS! I couldn't tell you how much I rolled my eyes at Daichi's new origin :shifty:

Daichi
Robot President

Yeah. Sheesh!
There are so many holes in their cover story it's not even funny. Going to mass produce him? But the design is copyright Tenma. Besides, why would he have had Daichi built so many years ago just to abandon him three years later? And a robot can't grow up like a child! And Tenma wouldn't have built a humanoid robot back then--Tobio hadn't died and he hadn't created Astro...

The list goes on.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."

-Atlas

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

HI- They just did not do their homework, thanks Daichi.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

Tobio's 2003 story didn't get off easy, either. I know for one that there was a scene in the Japanese version that showed Tenma running outside, then kneeling next to a truck and hoverbike, holding the dying Tobio. However, the dub cut out to just show Tobio biking over to the parkade entrance and a white light.

As a result, I met a whole load of people who thought Tobio simply ran away.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Daichi
Robot President

Yep, sad but true.
I remember scoffing at that myself, first time I saw it. I knew immediately that he was supposed to have been hit by a car in this one, but the whole thing made me mad.

-Atlas

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

There's a reason as to why my avatar looks like it does. On the lost scene, this is the closest image I've got, taken from the GBA ad:

ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Tobio's 2003 story didn't get off easy, either. I know for one that there was a scene in the Japanese version that showed Tenma running outside, then kneeling next to a truck and hoverbike, holding the dying Tobio. However, the dub cut out to just show Tobio biking over to the parkade entrance and a white light.

As a result, I met a whole load of people who thought Tobio simply ran away.

Which is odd 'cause that scene is in the PS2 game :confused: They screwed up the series so much and then they wondered why no one watched it
What's worse is that more often than not, i'm actually seeing potential interest dying because of all this watering down crap. My sister told me she was kinda interested in this series after I described some of the things that happen in it and when I mentioned that the whole dubbed series is on veoh.com she just said "Ugh, Let's Rocket, no thanks" and I had to agree.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks everyone, i am sorry that they watered down things that happened in the series. Praying all of you the very best, Toni.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”