Would you change anything about Astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
tonigirl1000
Banned

Would you change anything about Astroboy

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

HI- Thanks, Would you change anything about Astroboy? Thanks and hugs :) :wub: :heart: :astro:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 16 years ago

More action.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

I's remove Uran's pantyshots.

And that is all.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

I didn't notice pantyshots.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 16 years ago

"Sparx" wrote:I didn't notice pantyshots.

I meant of the original series, the 60's in particular.
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

The character, no. Astro's character is half the reason I became a fan. The stories themselves I think could use a little more action. I think the first level of the GBA video game has more action than the whole 2003 series ;p There were also times when reading the manga I found certain stories to be rather long. I could go ona long rant on what changes I could make to the 2003 dubbed series but then i'd get bitter and angry so i'd rather not go there XD

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 16 years ago

Best for me not to answer that, I'll just end up shamelessly plugging my project again. Ahaha! Just kidding.
This is too general a matter. There is nothing I would change about the character, but there are things I would change about the stories.

1980: I'd eliminate the panty shots, an issue for myself and Fauna alike, and I would make changes to certain stories and endings. Not that they would all automatically have to be happy endings in these changes, simply that they would end more well.

2003: There are too many changes to name in the dubbed version, but I'm not sure what I would change about the original on fact that it's not readily available here and I have seen little of it.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

HI- Thanks everyone, agree with you about Uran for obvious reasons. I love the series, wish someone would show all the episodes, but glad Adult Swim shows some of them. Thanks everyone, especially Daichi, praying all you the very best, Toni

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=Sparx;77219]I didn't notice pantyshots.

I meant of the original series, the 60's in particular.[/QUOTE]
I see.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

As I thought about it more, if there was one thing I would've done differently, it's experiment with the fact that Astro is infact a child. As I looked back at the mangas, it hit me that we rarely saw him doing anything "childlike." As appose to the 2003 series where we saw him playing with toys, getting curious about the world around him, and even getting into a little innocent michief here and there. It would've been interesting if the manga went deeper into this

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”