the cute Astro picture thread

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

If the images are further apart than your eyes then you're going to have problems. So it depends on your screen size and resolution. Here's the picture at 80% size:

I found that a bit easier.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

Yeah, it seems to work better like that.
I found out that it also depends on the distance between the 3D-picture and the viewer's eyes. The further apart the images are from each other, the bigger the distance has to be. About half a meter works fine for me here.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

Still headache here, whatever the distance :eek:

*bumps head against a wall*
Much better now :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

Still won't try here! :p

Legeremain99
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Legeremain99 » 15 years ago

:w00t: I tried it, but couldn't get the stereo effect no matter what I did. :eek:

-Legeremain99 :o hmy: :astro:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

"Strange Wings" wrote:You're doing it wrong, that's the 4D Hypercube technique! :D

I would say this needs an extra technique: put your head in a cube (I mean a 3D one, let's not make it uselessly complicated), and bump it in all directions :p

Speaking of a 4D hypercube, here is a simple one :D
"A 3D projection of an 8-cell performing a simple rotation about a plane which bisects the figure from front-left to back-right and top to bottom."
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

And if you want to toast your brain for good, here is the stereoscopic projection of the tesseract (the 4D hypercube) :d evil:

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:Speaking of a 4D hypercube, here is a simple one :D
"A 3D projection of an 8-cell performing a simple rotation about a plane which bisects the figure from front-left to back-right and top to bottom."

The figure is a lot easier to figure out than its description. :p

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

"Astro Forever" wrote:The figure is a lot easier to figure out than its description. :p

Yet I still can't understand the underlying concept in its details. I know it is a rotation, but a rotation in a 4D space around a plane still evades me :confused: Moreover, the animation doesn't look like an isometry, but I know it is an artefact of the transformation to make it representable.
Oh well... I remember having used 4D matrixes in a program to modelise 3D affine transformations, while not fully understanding the details. One of the professors evaluating the program said to another "hey, there is at least one person who managed to use your 4D matrixes" :D

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:Oh well... I remember having used 4D matrixes in a program to modelise 3D affine transformations, while not fully understanding the details. One of the professors evaluating the program said to another "hey, there is at least one person who managed to use your 4D matrixes" :D

ROTFL! :lol: It doesn't surprise me that you were the one to do it. ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”