Share Picture Of Your Astro Boy Collection

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 16 years ago

:) For not to be the one missing out, here is my stuff:

Astro Plush bought off of wackywillysweb.com, about 3 years ago.

The Siren VHS tapes bought off of sirenvisual.com.au more than 5 years ago when they still have been available.

Astroboy new series bought off of ebay 4 years ago (7 DVDs, pirated, hence the poor subs).

In the back: Madman Deluxe Tin Box edition of the 80's series, bought about 3 1/2 years ago.
In front: European DVD release of the french Astroboy series (season 1), bought 3 years ago.

In the back: 2 anime comics of the 80's series, one book containing 4 episodes, japanese only.
Bought off of ebay at this year's beginning.
In front: The 1st half the japanese 80's series (pirated DVDs, poor subs), bought off of ebay 4 years ago.
The 2nd half of this edition never appeared anywhere.

...and the whole collection in one view. That's really all I've got; and I'm happy with it to this day! :D
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

ToYbOx
Metro City Citizen

Postby ToYbOx » 16 years ago

Strange Wings - Wow impressive collection of dvd series, cute looking plush u have there.. is the tin box for the 80's collection comes with the dvds ?

ToYbOx
Metro City Citizen

mr skunk - anyway this is the picture for K-T Figure Collection for buid it yourself black and red box as i never took it out for display.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

"ToYbOx" wrote:is the tin box for the 80's collection comes with the dvds ?

Yeah, the Tin Box contains 9 DVDs plus an bonus DVD featuring extra material such as deleted scene comparisons, the 1st and 2nd uncut original japanese episodes as well as the 1st 1960 Astroboy episode and other bonus material. Also included is a booklet having a short biography of Tezuka, a describtion of the 80's Astroboy series along with several images of Astroboy manga covers and shots from the Tezuka museum.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

ToYbOx
Metro City Citizen

"Strange Wings" wrote:[QUOTE=ToYbOx;81095]is the tin box for the 80's collection comes with the dvds ?

Yeah, the Tin Box contains 9 DVDs plus an bonus DVD featuring extra material such as deleted scene comparisons, the 1st and 2nd uncut original japanese episodes as well as the 1st 1960 Astroboy episode and other bonus material. Also included is a booklet having a short biography of Tezuka, a describtion of the 80's Astroboy series along with several images of Astroboy manga covers and shots from the Tezuka museum.[/QUOTE]

Wow.... seriouslly how much u paid for that very tempting..

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"ToYbOx" wrote:Wow.... seriouslly how much u paid for that very tempting..

It's still available here.

Wow, I've paid a lot more than that three years ago! :lol: It was the first time the 1980 series was available on DVD. It was also released in the US for a very cheap price in comparison. The US version doesn't include the first two Japanese episodes, but it has the Japanese dub, which the Australian version shown above doesn't have.

Actually, from the description, I'm wondering if Madman still includes the DVD with the extras. It only says something about the 51 episodes, no mention of any extra. I guess it means it's not available anymore. What a shame! :(

I have to say that the series in VHS must look terrific on a shelf! :cool:

astromatt
Kokoro Robot

Postby astromatt » 16 years ago

now that's a collection.
what's a signature???

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

"Astro Forever" wrote:I have to say that the series in VHS must look terrific on a shelf! :cool:

:cool: It really does! The video quality of the VHS cassettes themselves however is nothing to be proud for. I kept the VHS release only for their rare value since they're nowhere to be found anymore (exept on ebay & amazon here and then). The sleeves' spine picture really makes the most impressive look.

:d oh: I just realized I forgot to include the soundtrack CDs of both the new version and the 80's series. Oh well...
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 16 years ago

"Strange Wings" wrote: :d oh: I just realized I forgot to include the soundtrack CDs of both the new version and the 80's series. Oh well...

There are sountrack CDs? :o hmy:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Yep, available are 2 CDs containing the original score from the new series and 1 CD having the original music from the 80's version on it. They're also available via amazon.com:

1st CD new series

2nd CD new series

CD 80's series
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”