Weird Astro Boy Things On eBay

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Hehe - yeah - quite the resemblance. ^.^

I wonder if they actually sell many like that?

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Wow, lots of weird stuff. :eek:
Wish this topic wasn't dead...
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Carm the Shoe Whisperer
Kokoro Robot

Postby Carm the Shoe Whisperer » 13 years ago

Well, it looks like you revvied it. o3o
Which is a good thing, since a lot of the merchandise is pretty interesting. o3o
I want that Astro toaster. D;

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

Coincidentally, I happen to have a mass of old pictures on my harddrive. They're from two years ago, however...

One of the oldest American merchandise pieces, a venticular bag!

Also, little does anyone know, but there's rare 24th manga volume featuring the following rare, now-sealed stories...

Astro Vs. The Moon Man Who Is Only Defeated With Butt Paraphenalia, along with The Evil Corpse...

WHY NO, THIS ISN'T AN OFFENSIVE PARODY

More later!
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 13 years ago

Yay, more ebay stuff! :lol: :p
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 13 years ago

Holy sacred mother of Shizuka!!! This section and Fauna's finds are back FTW!!!

[The expression used is a nod to a certain well known manga and anime made by two Osamu Tezuka alumni? Which is it?]

My contributions

A reverse osmosis water purification system. Have a look to the lower left corner...

Your consuetudinary Astroboy sharpener with a twist: this one is holographic (but Astro is as weird looking as always when we talk about weird memorabilia).

I dunno about you guys, but the Ochanomizu gashapon looks quite unsettling when disassembled.

An important clue to the question stated above.

King Kong anyone?

In comparison, the box art looks lovely.

Yo, man, I love those green windscreens and this tuning in general. Astro my Ride. Now we put some music and...

Now this is a crossover that ROCKS. Astro driving the Mach 5 and a karate fight between Speed and Skunk. Wouldn't it be nice? [Pet Sounds]

OK, I know Tezuka was a huge fan of Dave Fleischer, but this is ridiculous. Is that Gabby from Gulliver's Travels cosplayed as Astro?

Anyone of you has this? It would be awesome!

After watching all that freakish things, Daddy Walrus takes all the cast and crew for a holiday. Have fun, guys!!!
Last edited by Ataru Moroboshi on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:01 am, edited 8 times in total.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

Fauna where do you keep finding these things!? XD And was Radio Boy made by Now Comics?

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I'VE GOT THE EPISODE GUIDE!!

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

@ Fauna -- Yes, I have this!! That's where it says the American version of Astro Boy took place in New York City! Lots of erroneous information (how about Dr. Tenba and Tonio), but this was from something like 1989, and Tod Ferson (one of the founders of the Right Stuf) was at the beginning of his quest to protect, preserve and market Astro and other Japanese anime.

If you're interested I could scan and post links to a few of the more interesting parts (they SLAM the 80's series -- yet, as we can see from this forum, it has actually become the "standard" for the largest audience).
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 13 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:@ Fauna -- Yes, I have this!! That's where it says the American version of Astro Boy took place in New York City! Lots of erroneous information (how about Dr. Tenba and Tonio), but this was from something like 1989, and Tod Ferson (one of the founders of the Right Stuf) was at the beginning of his quest to protect, preserve and market Astro and other Japanese anime.

If you're interested I could scan and post links to a few of the more interesting parts (they SLAM the 80's series -- yet, as we can see from this forum, it has actually become the "standard" for the largest audience).

I'd love to see this! (Although it was Ataru who posted the picture of that... ;) ) The only real error I see is how it proclaims there are 104 episodes, when there's really 193 in full. I think there's a guide like this for Gigantor/Tetsujin 28 too, but missing the first 26 episodes...

Given what I've seen in the NOW! Comics letter columns, adult American fans all but retconned the 1980's series. At least Canada loved it, despite cutting down the violence...
ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:I'd love to see this! (Although it was Ataru who posted the picture of that... ;) ) The only real error I see is how it proclaims there are 104 episodes, when there's really 193 in full. I think there's a guide like this for Gigantor/Tetsujin 28 too, but missing the first 26 episodes...

Given what I've seen in the NOW! Comics letter columns, adult American fans all but retconned the 1980's series. At least Canada loved it, despite cutting down the violence...

I read the 1980 series didn't do well because Astro was chibi'd and weaker than to his first anime adaptation self, which after thinking about is kinda true. The poor wittle robot gets bullied :cry:

Not to mention some of the plot was a little crazy.

:hyo: :Hello Astro Boy! For sneaking into my facility i'm spending millions to fire you directly into the sun, even though it'd be so much easier to kill you myself. But THIS! is how the bad guys do it in James Bond movies! :d evil:

Astro:...*facepalm*

On subject

SCARY KEYRINGS! :cry:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”