Weird Astro Boy Things On eBay

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Image

Funny how the title looks like a conversion between nautical miles and leagues for "20000 leagues under the sea" :D I did the maths and it's not very far, even though I had to wrestle with the exact definition of league, which seem to vary from 3200 to 4500 meters (and even more) according to various definitions.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

With the refernce to Verne's 20,000 Leagues, the boy, the girl, and the big cat, this reminds me of Nadia: Secret of Blue Water :lol:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

The auction didn't provide much of an explanation, but this looks like Astro-fied dominoes. I like the picture of confused Daddy Walrus talking to Jump.

I hope this isn't official merchandise...a 1.5" figure of Astro standing amidst someone's cigarette ashes? It would look like Metro City burned down and Astro is standing in the middle of the ruins.

A mini fan that can be hung around your neck. It creeps me out somewhat.

RAMEN.
(Look at the 'Mighty Atom' logo on the back of the bowls...is it cool or what?)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:The auction didn't provide much of an explanation, but this looks like Astro-fied dominoes. I like the picture of confused Daddy Walrus talking to Jump.

I think it's Mahjong.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 15 years ago

The ashtray is real. They sell lighter and cigarete cases also.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

@Dr. Frag: Oh, okay. I didn't recognize the gameboard before.

@Big Astro Fan: Now that I think of it, I remember a few panels where Tezuka's self-insert was smoking...

Kids' cups! Along with Space Ace and Super Jetter.

Apparently a back-fender for a kid's bike. The seller is really confused by this and thinks it's an Astro product, so maybe I should tell him who Jetter Mars is...

More freakin' Astro Shorts!

Tezuka Productions Tea Set: Definitely intended for girls. Comes with Astro utensils, Princess Sapphire bowls, and possibly Kimba cups. Ballerina Uran is pretty nice, too.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

From all these Astro Boy undies, I'm surprised no one ever made the shorts he actually wears into underwear. I guess they didn't want to encourage children running around outside in their undies XD

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

this is just too cute!^^
i kinda want those boxers...^^;

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

:D so very cute! Is that Space Ace on the leftmost cup?

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Image
Apparently a back-fender for a kid's bike. The seller is really confused by this and thinks it's an Astro product, so maybe I should tell him who Jetter Mars is...

It also looks as it can get freely colorized by the owner, which, as in this case, seems to have slightly misinterpreted the color of Mars' ear-points.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”