character names

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
toonz
Kokoro Robot

character names

Postby toonz » 15 years ago

Ive been scouring the internet for a good list of AstroBoy characters, and cant find anything but the basics. I have some character images Im trying to figure out, and hopefully you guys know your stuff. I dont have them on the net, so Ill have to try and explain what they look like.

1. A yellow pig-looking thing
2. A blue robotic man-bull
3. A man in a black suit, top hat and black curled moustache (reminds me of someone who would tie a woman to train tracks)
4. a guy in a paratrooper suit
5. a fat kid with fish lips and a baseball cap

Thanks in advance for all your help

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

Would you put up any of those pictures? I think i know who you're talking about, but I'm still unsure. :unsure:

#1 might be the :hyo: Hyotantsugi, Tezuka's logo character.
#3 might be Ringmaster Hamegg.
and #5 is probably Shibugaki, one of Astro's friends.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 15 years ago

Thanks Fauna and hi Toonz- hope we will be friends- hugs

toonz
Kokoro Robot

Ok. I uploaded the images.

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Innocent_Eyes » 15 years ago

Image 1: Bruton 1980's, or Pluto from the 2003 series and Manga
Image 2: Shibugaki (Alvin 1980 series; Abercrombie 2003 series)
and Tamao (Theodore 1980; Alejo 2003)
Image 3: #44 or Pero of the Hot Dog Corps (Mr. Mustachio's dog-turned-cyborg)
Image 4: Hyotantsugi (famous Tezuka gourd-like character which emits gas)
Image 5: Hamegg, another Tezuka character (villian)

Hope that helps! :)
Last edited by Innocent_Eyes on Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 15 years ago

Ahem. Just to clarify for the first character: Bruton is the 1980's English dub name for the first character while Pluto is the Japanese name and his name in both versions of the 2003 anime and both the original manga and "Pluto".

Where did you get those pictures, by the way? I'm surprised to see one of my favourite classic characters, Pero, listed.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

"Daichi" wrote:Ahem. Just to clarify for the first character: Bruton is the 1980's English dub name for the first character while Pluto is the Japanese name and his name in both versions of the 2003 anime and both the original manga and "Pluto".

Where did you get those pictures, by the way? I'm surprised to see one of my favourite classic characters, Pero, listed.

Um, isn't that what I said? :confused:

toonz
Kokoro Robot

I actually have 2 unused AstroBoy sticker sheets from overseas from the 80s, which I scanned and vectorized. I will be making clipart out of them, and wated to know who everyone was before I gave them incorrect names. Thanks for all your help everyone!

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 15 years ago

"Innocent_Eyes" wrote:[QUOTE=Daichi;82690]Ahem. Just to clarify for the first character: Bruton is the 1980's English dub name for the first character while Pluto is the Japanese name and his name in both versions of the 2003 anime and both the original manga and "Pluto".

Um, isn't that what I said? :confused: [/QUOTE]

No, not exactly. You really weren't clear about the fact that his 'true' name is Pluto and that Bruton is just a dub name for one particular anime. All in all, though, you did well in explaining.

Forgive me for splitting hairs, I'm just here to serve...

"toonz" wrote:I actually have 2 unused AstroBoy sticker sheets from overseas from the 80s, which I scanned and vectorized. I will be making clipart out of them, and wated to know who everyone was before I gave them incorrect names. Thanks for all your help everyone!

That's amazing.
Thank you for sharing them. Oh, by the way...

Forgive this obsessive fan, but is there a Rag sticker? I would love that.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."

-Atlas

Innocent_Eyes
Rocket Ball Champion

I'll just keep my trap shut in the future...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”