This will get you excited!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
dannavy85
Banned

This will get you excited!

Postby dannavy85 » 15 years ago

Introducing the most advanced and most accurate human looking robot to date. I think we're close to seeing an Astro Boy model!

That is if the whole world doesn't go into insolvency.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1777667.ece

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

Well, i'll be seeing THAT in my nightmares now o_o

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

thats awsome!! when astro boy becomes real i'm going to hold out my hand and ask him "hi do u wanna be firend?"

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

This will certainly lead to controversy, because if they can make such a robot, they will want to limit robots' access to public places and hence, targets for terrorists.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:This will certainly lead to controversy, because if they can make such a robot, they will want to limit robots' access to public places and hence, targets for terrorists.

The start of real-life robot laws! :lol: Speaking of humanoid robots, I wonder what's happened to Aiko?

Looks like the world is in a race to build the first absolute humaniod android. This is so exciting!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 15 years ago

Yes yes...
And what kind could we build?

[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;85783]This will certainly lead to controversy, because if they can make such a robot, they will want to limit robots' access to public places and hence, targets for terrorists.

The start of real-life robot laws! :lol: Speaking of humanoid robots, I wonder what's happened to Aiko?

Looks like the world is in a race to build the first absolute humaniod android. This is so exciting![/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure if anyone manages that, it's gonna be Japan.
Maybe Disney XD

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

if they'er gonna make astroboy i wanna hug it!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 15 years ago

Doesn't look any more lifelike than the old Repliee Q1 model. I'll be impressed when they can get one to walk. Or stand on it's own. Is that a metal pole they have it attached to? It seems all the good balancing robots never look human.

Also, the references to Tsukuba University and Cyberdyne in the article are a completely different project. It's a prototype robot suit.

There's nothing to indicate either of these are going to be made "on a mass scale on Friday". :rolleyes:
Last edited by DrFrag on Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;85783]This will certainly lead to controversy, because if they can make such a robot, they will want to limit robots' access to public places and hence, targets for terrorists.

Looks like the world is in a race to build the first absolute humaniod android. This is so exciting![/QUOTE]
:lol: I thought you said "A-KO" :lol: This seems to be a really advanced android.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”