Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

O....M....G... I LOVE THAT STATUE!! :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Holy crap, thank you Strange Wings! :w00t:

Also: everyone, (especially Dragonrider) check out this episode for a really, really weird Astro statue in the beginning.

Hmm, I know I have seen such a statue in the 4 eps I already saw, but I do not think that one was Atom. Anyway, I recall in the manga, Atom posed as one of those for some reason. :p Thanks to both Fauna & Strange Wings! :p

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

That statue is funny. And the fact it's in the very start.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

I think I know what statue the talk is about, so I hesitate to check the link. :lol:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Rocket el VaqueroThis episode has both Tenma & prof Devilcat; it also tells its version of the deaths of Tenma's wife and son (pts 2 & 3).

pt 1

pt 2

pt 3

I have yet to see any humor in this version, though, & I have seen 3-4 eps. :shifty:
Last edited by jeffbert on Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

Tenma's in these?! I thought he'd been replaced by Yamanobe! *panicks and starts watching the episode*

In the range of Tezuka characters that appear, so far, I've managed to find Shunsaku Ban, Tamao & Shibugaki, Tawashi, Chief Nakamura, Skunk, Tick & Tuck (first as lab assistants, then later as spies), Hamegg (as talent scout who kidnapped Jetter with the help of his giant wife), and I'm sure Lamp's in there somewhere.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

He must be in a different role. BTW, I just realized that I could PRINTSCREEN & actually capture images from the youtube videos. I had thougth that a video overlay prevented that, but apparently only in DVD players. :lol: So, I have a few images from p3.

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

Wait, never mind, I just found Lamp in "La Nueva Familia". :lol: I think he's a moon worker-turned-fisherman who convinces Jetter to go with him so they can find Dr. Yamanobe. Also, he has a car that shoots bubbles.

This is the third time I've seen one of the villains trick Jetter into going somewhere with them. Jetter is...not a very bright kid in that department.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

Amazon.co.jp sells the Jetter Mars DVD box for ¥19,950 (+/- 205 USD). No doubt, it's still expensive, but I grow having a hard time preventing myself from placing a preorder. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Will it ship internationally? I suppose you might be able to get it in Europe, but I doubt I could in the USA.

Hmm, the live action Magma is nearly a full 25% lower than the CD Japan price.
Last edited by jeffbert on Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”