ASTRO BOY THE MOVIE COMIC!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 15 years ago

"munquibyte" wrote:I just got the first ish at the store yesterday.
Oh mah Lawd, it's just awful.
Terrible art, terrible story, terrible relationship between Astro, Tenma and "Elefun"-Gawd, they used Elefun :sick: Not O'Shay, Ochmamizu or Doctor O.
If this book is any reflection of the flick, then it's gonna be a dark and dreary October. :(

I would not be so surpised that the good doctor is called 'Elefun,' becuase that was his English language name for the 1st two animated series. However, seeing that everone but Atom has a Japanese name in the Darkhorse manga, I might be a bit surpised, except that the animated versions were more widely known than the comic versions were in the USA.

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 15 years ago

"Fauna" wrote:Also, totally unrelated, but look what I found when searching for "Astro Boy comics":
It's about a robot boy with a mullet named Rion.
:eek: AIIIEEEE!!!! 80s BADNESS 80s BADNESS make it go away, Mom!!!!

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 15 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:I would not be so surpised that the good doctor is called 'Elefun,' becuase that was his English language name for the 1st two animated series. However, seeing that everone but Atom has a Japanese name in the Darkhorse manga, I might be a bit surpised, except that the animated versions were more widely known than the comic versions were in the USA.
:shifty: I know, it's just that if we can get over Tenma, we can at least graduate to Doctor O.the Irishman. Noowhuttuhmeen, Verne?

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 15 years ago

They aren't making 3 prequels. They are making 1 prequel, and the story is spread across a number of issues that are being released this summer. The entire story is being collected into one book that will be released in September.

And yeah, it's Dr. Elefun in the movie. This has been known for quite some time.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

Wolf
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Wolf » 15 years ago

Heres the preview for Astro Boy Movie Prequel: Underground #2:

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0905/27/idwfirsts.htm

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

huh?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

So, does anybody know how many issues this is going for? Or, why they needed to publish three covers just for the first issue?

This is now the worst thing ever.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

ITS KING FLUBBER

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

Stay Puft Man + Michelin Man = whatever this guy is

Also, I managed to read through the first issue on the way home from school, when I went by one of the bookstores. The comic was...disappointing. Luckily, Astro is fighting a morphing giant robot in the movie, not a bunch of gelatinous people with hats.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

You're right. He DOES look like Mr. Stay Puft XD
"Fauna" wrote:So, does anybody know how many issues this is going for? Or, why they needed to publish three covers just for the first issue?

This is now the worst thing ever.

Don't know how long this is going but the three covers per issue thing is actually common practice in comic books these days. They add "collectors value." I personally think it's a load of bull too but collectors eat it up

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”