drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

I saw it at the 2 PM showing and I was alone in the theater. I do not suppose this is unusual, as the kids are in school at this time. It was years since the last time I ate 1/2 pound of Reese's Pieces, but I was not wanting popcorn or other candy. I have a large bag of Dark M&Ms Peanuts, but forgot to bring it. Yes, I admit it, I was a candy smuggler! :d evil:

Anyway, I had written a sheet of notes I made, & I will likely post a few of those soon. Still, I will avoid spoilers.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

I'm really curious: overall, did you like it? :)

I'm glad you also got the chance to see it.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 14 years ago

I am really anticipating JeffBerts opinion of this movie. :)

jennytablina
Metro City Citizen

Postby jennytablina » 14 years ago

Thought this might interest some fans: the normally good Cartoon Brew gave Astro a right bashing http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/astro-boys-abysmal-opening-and-imagis-sinking-ship.html Needs more Astro fans to comment to prove franchise doesnt just appeal to 35 year olds...

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

"jennytablina" wrote:Thought this might interest some fans: the normally good Cartoon Brew gave Astro a right bashing http://www.cartoonbrew.com/feature-film/astro-boys-abysmal-opening-and-imagis-sinking-ship.html Needs more Astro fans to comment to prove franchise doesnt just appeal to 35 year olds...

I dove right into that comment box; I'm Robotkat in there. My age makes a great weapon in this situation, let alone the fact that every third student in my school is planning to see the movie... (Hurry it up, guys! Imagi needs your help!)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Here is a very brief & incomplete opinion: http://forums.tezukainenglish.com/viewtopic.php?t=2208

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

made my comment. I should probably label this guy as a troll and be done with him but his words really shot down my optimism. :( And when did the movie fail in Japan? Last I heard, it was well received.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

I just saw the movie tonight with my niece. I was definitely worth the price of admission. lol. We were laughing most of the time. But there were sad parts also. The effects were great and the slap stick comedy wasn't expected. I will definitely be buying it when it comes out on DVD,

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”