Your thoughts on the movie? (SPOILERS of course)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
User avatar
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 231
Joined: 17 years ago
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Your thoughts on the movie? (SPOILERS of course)

Postby Haruka-chan » 11 years ago

So what did you guys think of the movie?

I saw it this morning at an advance screening. I went in expecting it to be quite different but hoping it would stay true to the ideals. It would be nice to have a movie with the same feel...but oh well.

Things I liked:
- General overall story and pace was good (even though predictable)
- Animation was awesome
- References to Tezuka character and man-made sun thing at the end
- Voice acting in general was pretty good, I actually thought Freddie Highmore did a great job as Astro =D
- Music was excellent

Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario
- Toby was a bit annoying -_- though thinking about it afterwards he is older in this movie than in the series... still. Wish he was less brat-like
- The theme music wasn't squeezed in anywhere =( not even a couple of chords in the credits)
- The whole president doing whatever he pleases and terrorising scientists was lame and unrealistic. It could have been made into something more believable.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

I really only had one problem with the movie. Hamegg!

Yeah I know he played the perfect part as always...but the look. Hamegg is suppose to be skinny as @*&^ (Self sensoring :D ) not some fat dude that looks like he's well fed. Specially seeing that 'used' pizza they were eating...tells me just that. Does he have some sort of secret twinky stash somewhere?
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 201
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Front the computer I believe :D
Contact:

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 11 years ago

"Haruka-chan" wrote:Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma:

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 201
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Front the computer I believe :D
Contact:

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 11 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.[/QUOTE]

really?

o.o Why? :unsure:

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.[/QUOTE]

really?

o.o Why? :unsure:

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o[/QUOTE]

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 201
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Front the computer I believe :D
Contact:

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 11 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92165][QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.[/QUOTE]

really?

o.o Why? :unsure:

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o[/QUOTE]

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol[/QUOTE]
WHAT WAIT......................................

Bill......... Tenma? O.o OMG WTF???????????????????????? :tenma:

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92166][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92165][QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario


:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.[/QUOTE]

really?

o.o Why? :unsure:

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o[/QUOTE]

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol[/QUOTE]
WHAT WAIT......................................

Bill......... Tenma? O.o OMG WTF???????????????????????? :tenma: [/QUOTE]

Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 201
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Front the computer I believe :D
Contact:

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 11 years ago

"Nora" wrote:Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"



O__________O!

:o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy:

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 11 years ago

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92170]
Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"



O__________O!

:o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy:[/QUOTE]

IIIIIII haven't seen the movie yet. Information has only been added for movie novel and IDW provided movie adaptation comic :D
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/


Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest