Your thoughts on the movie? (SPOILERS of course)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Your thoughts on the movie? (SPOILERS of course)

Postby Haruka-chan » 14 years ago

So what did you guys think of the movie?

I saw it this morning at an advance screening. I went in expecting it to be quite different but hoping it would stay true to the ideals. It would be nice to have a movie with the same feel...but oh well.

Things I liked:
- General overall story and pace was good (even though predictable)
- Animation was awesome
- References to Tezuka character and man-made sun thing at the end
- Voice acting in general was pretty good, I actually thought Freddie Highmore did a great job as Astro =D
- Music was excellent

Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario
- Toby was a bit annoying -_- though thinking about it afterwards he is older in this movie than in the series... still. Wish he was less brat-like
- The theme music wasn't squeezed in anywhere =( not even a couple of chords in the credits)
- The whole president doing whatever he pleases and terrorising scientists was lame and unrealistic. It could have been made into something more believable.
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

I really only had one problem with the movie. Hamegg!

Yeah I know he played the perfect part as always...but the look. Hamegg is suppose to be skinny as @*&^ (Self sensoring :D ) not some fat dude that looks like he's well fed. Specially seeing that 'used' pizza they were eating...tells me just that. Does he have some sort of secret twinky stash somewhere?
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 14 years ago

"Haruka-chan" wrote:Things that bugged me:
- Nicholas Cage as Tenma. Dammit you need to sound more slightly insane! I thought he sounded too passive, would have liked more edge in the voice
- The way Toby died :shifty: thought it could have been done with more emotional impact. Being vaporized was a bit boring, I think this is an important plot point and should have been used better. I liked the car crash scenario

:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:

:o hmy: I actually loved the idea of Cage as Tenma... But I think U right, he must sound more madman and insane (just like the anime)
:hyo: :tenma: [/QUOTE]

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:

I myself believe that Tenma and Elefun need to trade voice actors.[/QUOTE]

really?

o.o Why? :unsure:

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:

really?

Elefun's voice is deeper than Tenma's? o,o[/QUOTE]

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92165][QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:

really?

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol[/QUOTE]
WHAT WAIT......................................

Bill......... Tenma? O.o OMG WTF???????????????????????? :tenma:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92166][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92165][QUOTE=Nora;92155][QUOTE=Soul Rokkuman;92153][QUOTE=Haruka-chan;92141]
Things that bugged me:

really?

Well my experiance comes from the 1960s Astro Boy (Odd I'm bord in the 80s but I know the 60s version better lol) and for some reason Bill makes me think of Tenma instead. And Tenma's name in the movie is Bill to so lol[/QUOTE]
WHAT WAIT......................................

Bill......... Tenma? O.o OMG WTF???????????????????????? :tenma: [/QUOTE]

Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

"Nora" wrote:Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"

O__________O!

:o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"Soul Rokkuman" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;92170]
Yeah at the end Orrin calls Tenma Master and Tenma as he's watching Astro getting carried around the crowds shoulders tells Orrin. "I don't want you calling me Master anymore. Bills fine"

O__________O!

:o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy: :o hmy:[/QUOTE]

IIIIIII haven't seen the movie yet. Information has only been added for movie novel and IDW provided movie adaptation comic :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”