You think the movie could work in rentals?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

You think the movie could work in rentals?

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

'Cause I gotta say if I wasn't the massive Astro Boy fan I am, I would've said "I'll just rent that." I've been saying that to a LOT of movies lately. The only other ones I want to see in theaters this year are A Christmas Carol and The Princess and the Frog. Other than that everything else I've seen I've said "I'll just rent that." You think a lot of people are thinking the same thing with Astro Boy?

Wolf
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Wolf » 14 years ago

I'm counting on it.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Yeah, I can see this going the way of "Iron Giant" or "Cats don't Dance." Failed in the Box Office at the time but are now cult classics. I'd settle for Astro Boy as a cult classic

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 14 years ago

I think that you are right. I was going to see the new Star Trek movie in the theater and never did. I just decided to wait and rent it. Same with Zombieland. I might just wait to rent that movie also.

drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

Sometimes I see 3 movies at the cinema in a day.... I havent rented a movie in over a year because I've seen everything.
It does help though having $5AUD cinema tickets.
New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

It costs $6.50 just for a matinée ticket, add another $3 for a small soda & $3 more for candy, & most people just might prefer to wait for the DVD release. Plus movie theater popcorn is lousy. Still, there is a certain charm to the large screen, and other aspects. I have borrowed some 1,700 DVDs from Netflix, around another 200-300 from Blockbuster online, & even a few from Anime forest (or was it Anime tree?). There was a time when I went through about 8 DVDs a week. No way was I going to go to the theater every day, even for one week.

So, I think that the DVD version may just redeem this picture. People have mentioned various reasons why it performed so poorly at the box office, one might be that as Vincent Price once said: "THE TINGLER IS LOOSE IN THE THEATER. EVERYBODY SCREAM!" :p :lol: I was kidding, of course; I leave it to the experts to figure out what went wrong, I think I had already expressed my doubts for this film's success, in some other thread.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

LOL The Tingler. Vincent Price FTW! :lol:
BTW, I'm hearing this movie is actually getting well received in Australia. Is this true?

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:It costs $6.50 just for a matinée ticket, add another $3 for a small soda & $3 more for candy, & most people just might prefer to wait for the DVD release. Plus movie theater popcorn is lousy. Still, there is a certain charm to the large screen, and other aspects. I have borrowed some 1,700 DVDs from Netflix, around another 200-300 from Blockbuster online, & even a few from Anime forest (or was it Anime tree?). There was a time when I went through about 8 DVDs a week. No way was I going to go to the theater every day, even for one week.

So, I think that the DVD version may just redeem this picture. People have mentioned various reasons why it performed so poorly at the box office, one might be that as Vincent Price once said: "THE TINGLER IS LOOSE IN THE THEATER. EVERYBODY SCREAM!" :p :lol: I was kidding, of course; I leave it to the experts to figure out what went wrong, I think I had already expressed my doubts for this film's success, in some other thread.

Jeffbert nothing went wrong....
They only at best thought to make 10 million. This is a foreign film, it's in the middle of a flu biohazard. The movie is a hit to the leveel allowed for a non hollywood movie. Made in Hong Kong. Everything is going according to plan and schedule. :w00t: :ninja:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:LOL The Tingler. Vincent Price FTW! :lol:
BTW, I'm hearing this movie is actually getting well received in Australia. Is this true?

Yeah, Astroboy seams to be a hype with the kids.
Although they think he's called astro because he has an astroid inside him :confused:

edit: LOL Just found out that the ABC TV station link to the astroboy website is this forum lol
http://www.abc.net.au/abckids/shows/prog333.htm
Last edited by drakeshe on Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

That's good. If it's working well in other countries, we may still see a sequel. I believe that's how Hulk got his

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”