Eternal Boy (Missing Episode) Found (Subbed)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Eternal Boy (Missing Episode) Found (Subbed)

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

W00T! I found the lost episode of Astro Boy 2003, Eternal Boy, subbed (seems like good subs too though I haven't watched the episode in full yet as I'm not up to it in the anime)! Not the greatest quality unfortunately but certainly perfectly watchable for those interested who have never seen it and would like to. (Props to whoever the owner of a home connection Linux FTP server out there that had this - possibly with a u/n of wotan).

The original files I found of the episode were 3 flash video files that are sometimes wonky to play (kept crashing my players), so I went ahead and (after some trial and error) combined them into a WMV file that should be much more compatible with most players.

I'd like to post links to the files, both the wmv version and the original flash version zipped (stored on my personal download space) here in the forum - are there any legal/ethicals issues with that? (I'm very friendly via PM if not ^.^). Just thought I better get mod approval first.
Last edited by sgupta on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 14 years ago

I love you and want to have your babies

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

awwww lol =)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

I think you found my server :D If you send me the wmv file I will gladly replace the 3-part flash animation (maybe you can even upload it on the upload directory, but I haven't tested the FTP server for years so I don't know whether uploading works). I found them on Youtube, I think that Strange Wings had initially uploaded it.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Cool fafner! LOL. I thought it might be someone from here but wasn't sure - not even sure where I saw the link at this point because I let it download overnight and sure enough it was real lol. =oP PM'ing ya.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Megaupload.com could help as well

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

sgupta, I got the .wmv and will put it soon with the other one. If you can remember, I would be interested to know where you found a link to my server by looking for this episode, just out of curiosity :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

It was a forum post *somewhere* specifically using the search terms for Episode 20 or Eternal Boy but I can't for the life of me find where! It was late and I just started the download and went to bed. lol. To be honest, I figured it either wasn't real or didn't have subs or something - I was very pleased to find out it was both. =) If I can remember where or find the post, I'll let you know.

Right now I'm trying to find the Korean sub episodes - only the first 24 exist (minus 20 - the Eternal Boy Episode I believe). Preferably the box DVD sets eventually to own, but I'd like to find digital files as well (I already have the US release on DVD - just getting an alternate version). A torrent exists out there, but is currently only about 50% complete as apparently it was never shared fully by enough people.
Last edited by sgupta on Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Soul Rokkuman, check your PMs.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”