Astro Boy Movie Tie-In Game - My DS Review

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

Yeah, NT tides you over :P . Personally I kind of liked Starforce better because it was a little more classic styled, taking on superhero-like aspects. Later portions of the Battle Network based anime incorporated original content not based on the games and also revitalized the superhero aspects (by having Lan and Megaman.EXE fuse together in certain areas), but that was never dubbed.

But see you just there give even more reason for the classic Mega Man to have an anime series of his own. Oh and not only can he take off his helmet, he can in fact take off his armour too. Plus Mega Man and Astro getting the other's medium would let Astro Boy play on Mega Man's popularity perhaps. See the ideas this generation comes up with?

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Hmmm saw a bit of Star Force clips and that looks quite good also. I'll have to check it out sometime - the character designs for that is definitely something I hadn't seen before =)

I like the medium exchange idea with high quality studios for both the anime Mega Man treatment and Astro Boy vid games. (Mmm...I'd love the same team [Treasure/Hitmaker/Sega] that did Omega Factor to do a series - heh).

csydown
Kokoro Robot

Postby csydown » 14 years ago

Is it this:file

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

cysdown, I'm not sure what that file is (ROM of some kind?) - I played the original game (retail). You can tell it is if its specifically for the DS (and produced by D3 and Art Co. along with Imagi).

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 14 years ago

"sgupta" wrote:Quick question about the Wii version. I've heard you can unlock the classic costume (which I'm assuming means green and black undies and red boots) - assuming you've found the way, is this true? (I guess there's a possible cheat code to do this too, though I'm not sure if there's a legitimate way). Thanks.

I haven't tried it yet, but I unlocked some kind of costume cheat and so I assume that's it. Cheats are unlocked by going slightly off the beaten path, so to speak, in the game and collecting an item. Then you can enter in some kind of button code to make it happen whenever you want.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks Ninjatron.

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 14 years ago

The costume cheat is unlocked very early in the game. Within the first minute or so. It's not too hard to find. Don't immediately go where you think you're supposed to and just look around for a bit, and you'll find it.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Don't have this version yet but plan to play it (probably right after I beat Omega Factor hehe).

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”