Astro Boy Game Soundtrack Score??

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Astro Boy Game Soundtrack Score??

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-8l-77-8-49-en-15-Astro+Boy-70-7mp.html

This has me curious. Apparently it's from the old PS2 game from what I can tell (NOT the movie tie-in; the version from 2003/2004) - anyone know if the game music is anything special?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 14 years ago

It's mostly generic orchestra music, with a few short pieces of the characters talking in Japanese. Most of the tracks are under 1 minute. It's not really something you can sit down to listen to as an album, imo.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks much for the great info! Yeah, sounds like it's not really worth it - was just curious more than anything as I was browsing the other soundtracks and came across it, but couldn't find much information.

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

Postby TobyTenmaFan » 14 years ago

If it were the soundtrack of the GBA game Astro Boy: The Omega Factor (which it kind of looks like), I'd buy it. The music in that game is SWEET, but not as sweet as the movie soundtrack, which I want desperately.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 14 years ago

I know where you can download the GBA soundtrack. I won't post it here, though. If anyone wants it just PM me

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

TobyTenmaFan, the movie soundtrack is awesome and definitely worth getting (though now I kind of wish I went for the physical CD instead of the iTunes version - I'm wondering what the lil booklet is like). As to the Omega Factor, didn't even realize a soundtrack exists, but I'm playing the game now and agree the music's great!

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

I don't think a soundtrack of it DOES exist, but if there was, I'd buy it. My favorite piece so far (I'm on like stage 4 or someting. lol The Mu one) is the one at the very beginning when Tobio is crashing into the car (although I despise that pic. Poor Toby... :( ). I love that piece.

And yeah, I want the CD, too. I'll download it into my computer, but CDs are good for like good for souveniers.
[sigpic][/sigpic]

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Just a note that I listened to the PS2 score and it's actually quite good; similar to the 2003 series soundtrack but with some interesting new music (or at least some not on the first soundtrack; I'm waiting fof the "Metro City" one) - I'm thinking I may play the PS2 game after I finish Omega Factor! I know it wasn't reviewed quite as well, but it certianly looks like a lot of fun! (And I can't even say how much fun I'm having with Omega Factor - I may do a writeup when I'm finished.)

TobyTenmaFan
Kokoro Robot

This is my favorite piece from the Omega Factor game so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkx2Ay3o92M&feature=related

It's awesome. =)
[sigpic][/sigpic]

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

"TobyTenmaFan" wrote:This is my favorite piece from the Omega Factor game so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkx2Ay3o92M&feature=related

It's awesome. =)

I really like that piece also! One of my favorites would have to be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BsFGfoRaFo

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”