Astro Boy Music

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

I was searching online for an image from the series to link to these songs in my iTunes and came across this cute picture someone made. :)
I couldn't figure out how to add the picture to the post, so here is a link to the image:

http://mayuchan619.deviantart.com/art/Astro-Boy-Ipod-Cartoon-44598193

:astro:

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 14 years ago

I have the instrumental version of True Blue... if someone is interested....

:unsure: :unsure:

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I like the American version. I found it at Lala! :)

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

I actually found 2 import CDs for the 2003 Astro Boy series when looking for the soundtrack of the movie on Amazon.com. :)
Though I would not buy the first CD listed below based on the review and the high price, but I may buy the second listed below. :astro:

http://www.amazon.com/Astro-Boy-Original-Sound-Track/dp/B00008DYZT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1260767884&sr=1-3

There is one review for this (Astro Boy: Original Sound Track Score) CD:
"I truly enjoyed the electronic music in the 2004 Astro Boy remake which is why I bought this CD. But none of that was on this CD. Very disappointing.
Also, the musicianship quality of this CD sounds like it was played by a high school band. The brass section has trouble staying together allot, as though they had too much to drink when they performed this, otherwise, what music was presented is fairly convincingly together, not tight though. I can't see how Sony Pictures would have released this under their name? The entire disk is intrumental, which is fine, but where is all the great music I heard in the anime series?"

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Metro-City-Astro-Boy/dp/B0000W3RNA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1260767884&sr=1-2

There is no review for this (Music from Metro City: Astro Boy V2) CD.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

animegirlalways, the poor review for that first CD is because they were expecting apparently the technoish/rockish American soundtrack of the series (as heard on the American dub). This CD is the Japanese orchestral music version (the same music you'll be hearing on those 2003 Korean version video files I expect). I don't agree with the high school band comments, but then I haven't heard this specific CD (the high price kept me away also); I would guess it is indeed the score from the Japanese/Korean versions.

Re the second CD, I actually received it last week. I can tell you the True Blue and Boy's Heart tracks are on this CD as the last two tracks, but are instrumental only (quite nice tho' - Boy's Heart is very short but a neat arrangement). There's also an instrumental version of the 60's/80's Astro Boy theme (and reprise). The rest is the Japanese theme music as I mentioned above in regards to the 1st CD, though I'd guess different variations/pieces from that 1st CD. There's even a stranger opera sounding one lol. It does *not* contain the second intro song that you like. All in all a quite nice CD tho' - I've only listened through once so far but would be glad to give it another listen and answer any questions if you have any. =)

Another of the nicer soundtracks I've found (and I haven't found a CD version of this) is in the FTP location Fafner kindly provided in the audio section under "Astroboy - Original Soundtrack Score (2003)". At first I thought it might be the same as that 1st CD you listed, but it's 23 tracks instead of the 20 Amazon lists, so I'm not really sure.

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Cool, thanks for the info on the second CD! :)
:astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”