what would you do with astro if you could meet him?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

Update for this thread! You can now tell us what you would do with any version of astro of your choice. Make sure you tell us what version of Astro you want to meet in your post! :)
Now active on MyAnimeList

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I want to meet the 2009 movie version of Astro Boy! Since his creator, Osamu Tezuka, was a huge Disney fan, I'd invite Astro, Cora and the gang to go see a Disney film (maybe Toy Story 3 - Astro could probably identify with seemingly inanimate objects being heartlessly discarded ;) ) and then we could go malling. Or maybe we could all go to Disney World, and Astro could laugh his head off at all the audio-animatronics. :lol:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Me and the 2003 Astro would just sit on a pier with fishing poles and talk about anything.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Aww, I'd love to take Astro Boy to Disney World ^_^

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

I ll love the 1960 s or 1980 s or 2003
I Love all of it maybe i ll pick 2003 but BTW....While i was Surfing down the net i saw a Fan club of astroboy theres a thread in there where they pic who they love more
On astro in 2009 is 75percent
While on the 2003 25 percent
While the original is 0

I feel bad on the 2003 and original :cry:

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

NO ONE LIKED THE ORGINAL! OMG...... What about the 1980s series?
Now active on MyAnimeList

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

The orriginal? Take him to Tokyo Disneyland!
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

If you want to pick one i think you must register First before you can pic
http://www.fanpop.com/spots/astro-boy/picks/results/330895/wich-astr-like

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

There were only 4 picks. I wouldn't call this statically relevant...

Not to mention the typo "origanal" ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

I think a lot of it too is that not all of us "know" the original quite yet. Personally, I'm starting with the 2003 series and working backwards (ie. next is the 80's series and after that the 60's series, though I have already viewed the pilot episodes of all three). I'm doing this at the rate of one episode per week (though for 2003 and 80's, I plan to watch in both English and Japanese versions back to back in one sitting), so it's going to take a while! I also plan to read the manga and have the first 2 volumes ready to go (but am reading The Astro Boy Essays at the moment and probably will start after that). So in short, I'm much more familiar with his movie and 2003 self at this point, so it's easier to say what we'd do.

That said, I'm an only child, so...ummm...without hopefully sounding too strange, I kind of think it'd be cool to have brother (if Astro wanted to be of course). :blush: The caretaker part of me kind of wishes I had a younger brother to look after as I've really never experienced that and seem to have a sort of caretaker personality, while the child's heart part of me (I'm actually in my late 20's) always kind of wished for an older brother who looked after me. Astro's unique in that he fulfills both - he's younger and still is full of wonder and the need to be looked after/nurtured, but he's also mature enough to be supportive when nevessary and nurturing/protective as well.

Of course I'd love to go flying with him if he'd take me! That would be amazing! And I'd love to really just have someone I could trust that much. =)

I think I'd want to introduce him to my other great love in fiction, Doctor Who, and we could watch that together.

And I've always wanted to (and hope to someday) visit Japan, so maybe we could go visit the Tezuka Museum and see where he was born, etc. [This of course assumes paradoxes are okay considering Astro's real in this scenario.] He could take the lead in Japan since he can speak Japanese and I can't (but maybe he could teach me over time). ^.^

If Astro could learn to eat and taste (I don't know if this is something ever covered, though I remember in one of the pilots he tries and empties it through his chest door discretely so as not to disappoint his father - no indication he tasted it tho') I'd cook him some Thai (I can cook some pretty mean Thai dishes including curries and soups and such; my list of recipes is limited but growing).

Finally, I think it'd be nice just to hug him, maybe watch a movie and cuddle and fall asleep or something looking after each other. (Yeah, I'm a sap. ^.^)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”