Happy Holidays from 1980s Skunk!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Happy Holidays from 1980s Skunk!

Postby jayrath » 14 years ago

I think I may very safely speak for all the rest of my cast, and say that we all really appreciate your continued attention! I am in touch with all but two of the cast, and we all feel the same way.

It's so long ago for us, now. Some of us still work as actors -- most have gone on to "real" jobs outside of entertainment. We were all so achingly young at the time, and we were not at all sure that we were doing something that would last.

So you all continually surprise us. And we really, really appreciate it.

Some here have called us celebrities. We are most definitely not. We are unknown outside our own small circles. But even when life's tricks make us feel small, you make -- well, you make me, at least, feel that I have done something that will survive. Something that is bigger than myself.

Thank you for that.

A year before I did "Astroboy, " I wrote a fan letter to Frank Capra, praising "It's a Wonderful Life," which he directed. He wrote back saying that my note automatically made me a member of his family. We went on to trade correspondence.

In that spirit, you are all part of my family.

I wish you all the very happiest of holidays.

My sincere best to you.
Last edited by jayrath on Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Happy Holidays to you too :D

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Happy Holidays! :) :)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Thank you very much, Jay. It's nice to know that the appreciation is mutual. :)

Happy holidays to you and to the rest of the cast! :)

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

*Blushes.* Thanks and Merry christmas to ya'll too.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

Merry Christmas~!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Jayrath, thanks much for the warm wishes and a Happy Holidays to you too! You definitely are a celebrity in some of our eyes, and you're rightfully proud of something that will last. You're part of Astro Boy history! ^.^

(On a sidenote, believe it or not I have never yet seen It's a Wonderful Life - think I will watch it this year).

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

"jayrath" wrote:I think I may very safely speak for all the rest of my cast, and say that we all really appreciate your continued attention! I am in touch with all but two of the cast, and we all feel the same way.

It's so long ago for us, now. Some of us still work as actors -- most have gone on to "real" jobs outside of entertainment. We were all so achingly young at the time, and we were not at all sure that we were doing something that would last.

So you all continually surprise us. And we really, really appreciate it.

Some here have called us celebrities. We are most definitely not. We are unknown outside our own small circles. But even when life's tricks make us feel small, you make -- well, you make me, at least, feel that I have done something that will survive. Something that is bigger than myself.

Thank you for that.

A year before I did "Astroboy, " I wrote a fan letter to Frank Capra, praising "It's a Wonderful Life," which he directed. He wrote back saying that my note automatically made me a member of his family. We went on to trade correspondence.

In that spirit, you are all part of my family.

I wish you all the very happiest of holidays.

My sincere best to you.

wow! thank u and merry christmas!^^

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

Merry Christmas! I hope you have a very happy New Year too! Wow I didn't know we had real Astro Boy voice actors on the forums. lol. Merry Christmas to everyone on the forums!
Now active on MyAnimeList

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Merry Christmas Mister Skunk!

P.S. .... When are you going to quit all this bad guy stuff? I'm running out of ideas on how I should present you to the police.

Astro
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”