So which version do YOU like?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

...um....

...I can't decide...I like them all for such different reasons, really. The 60's series because it was more reflective of the original characters Tezuka created, many of which didn't appear in the other series', the 80's series because it was pretty well written and the episodes were pretty action-packed as well as emotionally based, and the '03 series because it had the best animation and a very well thought story-line throughout the series that ended in a fabulous finale...

I can't choose just one. >.<

I guess I'll just take the easy route and say I prefer the manga version....

....oooh, but WHICH MANGA?! o_o *dies* .
*dust*

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

My favourite has to be the 80's, it was just awesome in every way. Even though i'm still a fan of the 60's and 03 versions. As well as the movie. The 80's version just seems to stand out for me
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

I like the 1980's best. The worst is the movie. O_o
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

Me- i can't pick i love all the versions of ASTROBOY- anybody besides me like all the series and the movie too?

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"avatargirl" wrote:Me- i can't pick i love all the versions of ASTROBOY- anybody besides me like all the series and the movie too?

I like all of the anime series, the manga, and the movie too, but the 80's series will always have a special place in my :heart: . It was my first anime, and I really love it.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

tHEN I LIKE the 80's series even more ANIME GIRL 14- THANKS

jayrath
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby jayrath » 13 years ago

"karl0s" wrote:My favourite has to be the 80's, it was just awesome in every way. Even though i'm still a fan of the 60's and 03 versions. As well as the movie. The 80's version just seems to stand out for me

Wow, so many members with exceptional taste ;)

Naw, we in the '80s cast screwed up plenty. But we also were paid so little that none of us would have been there except that we were so excited and proud to be involved. We still are. For example, almost all of us follow these boards.

No disrespect at all to other casts, but I wish they'd post here, too. It would be pretty interesting to have one Daddy Walrus discuss the role with another Daddy Walrus, and so on.
Last edited by jayrath on Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 13 years ago

"jayrath" wrote:Wow, so many members with exceptional taste ;)

Naw, we in the '80s cast screwed up plenty. But we also were paid so little that none of us would have been there except that we were so excited and proud to be involved. We still are. For example, almost all of us follow these boards.

No disrespect at all to other casts, but I wish they'd post here, too. It would be pretty interesting to have one Daddy Walrus discuss the role with another Daddy Walrus, and so on.

Now that would be an interesting discussion. Even if I only watched it take place. The huge gaps between the different versions makes this quite hard though.

I have enjoyed every version I've seen however I have to vote 03 as my fav since it was the first I saw. While I enjoyed the 80's version it was a little old for me, considering it was made 10 years before I was born. Times have since changed... a lot. I do wonder what will be my fav in 20 or 30 years from now? Tastes could change and of course any number of versions could be released between now and then. Still waiting on the fully 3d 20's version... but thats still a bit away yet... and the fully interactive 40's game.... one can dream eh.

Where's the poll for this one? Seems a logical thing to have.
Lets back it up nice and slow now...

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 13 years ago

If you want statistics, you may create one. :)

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 13 years ago

I WOULD HOPE the poll would include - just love all of the episodes of ASTRO BOY and his movie- always been a fan ever since i seen him flying on the television at my grandparent's home

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”