Astro Boy 2003 Movie Full

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Kurosaki59" wrote:Hey guys! I found this thread and Alittleacorn's link to the one Japanese site. I understand Japanese a little and I'm thinking about buying one or two of the movies and subbing them. I'm wondering if there would still be anyone here that would want to watch them if I do this. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done before. Not like it's really all that hard of Japanese. =)

I don't think you can buy these movies (at least yet). But if you want to sub something there's the Brave in Space (鉄腕アトム 宇宙の勇者 ;) movie or even half of the 1960's series that desperately need it. :whistling:
I'm on Twitter.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Good news! It seems that (at least on videx.jp), the movies are up for digital rental again, since 2011/04/12. Don't know if it works for people outside Japan though. I will definitely try, but should probably look into a possible way to record my PC output first (preferably with something better than a software screen recorder).
I'm on Twitter.

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

Oouu that is very good news :D

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

According to this thread, it should work even outside Japan, just using your credit card. So, download away guys!

If anyone has suggestions for the best possible way to record them (cause the files expire after a week), feel free to suggest them. My idea would be to use an external digital recorder, connected via VGA and RCA (my HDMI port is broken). I hate to think I'd need to buy one just for this though...
I'm on Twitter.

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 13 years ago

Lol I enjoyed it anyway ;3
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Ghost
Banned

Postby Ghost » 13 years ago

"Kurosaki59" wrote:Hey guys! I found this thread and Alittleacorn's link to the one Japanese site. I understand Japanese a little and I'm thinking about buying one or two of the movies and subbing them. I'm wondering if there would still be anyone here that would want to watch them if I do this. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done before. Not like it's really all that hard of Japanese. =)

If you would be willing to do this that would be awesome. I've always wanted to watch these, and if someone added subtitles to these "movies" it would be great. Unfortunately I only know a little bit of kanji, nothing more. I wish I could help, but F-man is definitely the guy to talk to about stuff like this.

If you're going to do this, I wish you luck.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Ghost" wrote:I wish I could help, but F-man is definitely the guy to talk to about stuff like this.

I can indeed help! Not with translation though, but I can do subtitling. Me and some other guy are doing the 2003 series right now.
I'm on Twitter.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 13 years ago

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jHkZVc_scl8/ This one appears to be ASTROBOY SHINSENGUMI, as I recognize the characters from the old Tezuka site's page for it. I had not realized that it had clips from the 1980s series in ti, though. :p

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"jeffbert" wrote:http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/jHkZVc_scl8/ This one appears to be ASTROBOY SHINSENGUMI, as I recognize the characters from the old Tezuka site's page for it. I had not realized that it had clips from the 1980s series in ti, though. :p

Just the preview. All the TezukaOsamu.net previews for those movies are on Tudou.
I'm on Twitter.

Kurosaki59
Kokoro Robot

Postby Kurosaki59 » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Good news! It seems that (at least on videx.jp), the movies are up for digital rental again, since 2011/04/12. Don't know if it works for people outside Japan though. I will definitely try, but should probably look into a possible way to record my PC output first (preferably with something better than a software screen recorder).

Yeah it definitely works for outside of Japan. It'd be weird if they blocked it since... You know, it's just a download. =) The only problem I'm not sure about is how they block it from being used for more than a week. Since it's a video rental on windows. I'm sure they have it protected somehow. Which is smart, seeing as how it's copyright infringement and all that jazz. XD Worse case I could make a script and post it up here or something. I'm free over the Summer so *shrugs*.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, F-Man already mentioned all that. Lol!!! Well, like I said I can give you the script to do your subtitle stuff with.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”