Will anyone try to bring Astro Boy to America again?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

"ebronstein" wrote:Yes, but to quote an old musical line: "For me, it's all or nothing." I was fine with some of the changes they made, but I can't just be grateful that they made the movie at all. I was expecting a film that would set the standard of western adaptations of anime characters. That would be slightly more gritty, slower paced, and actually portray astro as a boy instead of a teenager. It's not dragon ball evolution, thank God, but I really saw no need to add new characters, make astro's voice "pubescent," and add a non subtle political allegory that will instantly date the film. And why did they have to go out of their way to make it look like something from pixar. They should have learned what made them successful with TMNT, and stick with a story that older kid's/teenagers will appreciate. Instead they turned something great into a hodgepodge of imitation, with an ending that seemed totally out of left field.

The whole point of Astroboy is that it is made in Communist China by IMAGI operations. Astroboy is absolutely perfect...
As always...
if one knows what one is looking at. :w00t: :cool: :whistling: :ninja:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

I sure hope someone does
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”