A question for someone tech-savvy...

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Here Dragon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?unwg2owmqwm

Tell me if it runs okay, my computer was running a scan so i couldn't tell. If it is blocky then say and i'll load up the videos seperately.

Thanks, Acorn! I tried it, and I'm afraid it does look blocky, and the movements are kind of jerky.

If it makes things easier, the only animation I would really like is the one where he flies in, salutes, and flies off. Thanks again for all your hard work!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

I got some good news, and some bad news.

The good news is I got ya link
http://www.mediafire.com/?gn0mtttyn2t

The bad news is the video recorded fast somehow. That's why it was blocky before because i tried slowing it down. Though with the Astro salute it doesn't look so bad. =s

If anyone wants of the others give me a buzz i can upload them non blocky too.

If it's still not good I'll mess around on hypercam see if i can get it to work straight.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Thanks for all your hard work, Acorn. I guess what I had in mind, is that when I log onto my computer, the Astro figure - and just that figure, no background, etc. - would zoom in, salute, and then zoom off. I have special music and an Astro Boy background already installed, so that when I log on, the music plays and a pic of Astro shows up. I thought it would be really cool if somehow the Astro animation from the site could somehow be made to work that way. I'm not sure it can, now, from the samples you've given me; again, I'm not tech-savvy in that way, so I wasn't sure my idea would work, but I really really appreciate your trying, and everyone else's input too. I thought maybe the video could be imbedded in a personal computer the way wallpapers and backgrounds can be imbedded.

Astro's salute is such a cute bit of animation that I wanted to keep it somehow; I'm afraid that, after the DVD promotion is over, the Astro Boy site will be taken down, and all the animations for the site will be lost. Bummer...

BTW I LOVE your sig picture, Acorn. It's beautifully colored and sooooo sweet...

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Thanks for all your hard work, Acorn. I guess what I had in mind, is that when I log onto my computer, the Astro figure - and just that figure, no background, etc. - would zoom in, salute, and then zoom off. I have special music and an Astro Boy background already installed, so that when I log on, the music plays and a pic of Astro shows up. I thought it would be really cool if somehow the Astro animation from the site could somehow be made to work that way. I'm not sure it can, now, from the samples you've given me; again, I'm not tech-savvy in that way, so I wasn't sure my idea would work, but I really really appreciate your trying, and everyone else's input too. I thought maybe the video could be imbedded in a personal computer the way wallpapers and backgrounds can be imbedded.

Astro's salute is such a cute bit of animation that I wanted to keep it somehow; I'm afraid that, after the DVD promotion is over, the Astro Boy site will be taken down, and all the animations for the site will be lost. Bummer...

BTW I LOVE your sig picture, Acorn. It's beautifully colored and sooooo sweet...

Oh, you want to use that Astro salute animation for your desktop? Hm, can a gif or video play on a desktop? If so then give me the background you want and i'll add Astro into it. A small trick a picked up years ago, i take a snapshot of each frame, i'll remove everything except Astro then i'll just have the background you want behind him! =)

I can then put the pics together on movie maker and get it running properly, but yeah still that desktop issue, I'll need to google but it's a start at least =D

:heart: and thank chu so much, originally i was going to do a Astro boyish punk sig, but then i found that pic and i knew i had to do a sig to that! x3

o.o; er, hey you want the boyish punk sig when i finish it? i don't really need it now...

Edit:
Oh lookie what I found here =D

http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/

A way to get video desktops, haven't tried it yet though. =S
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=Laughing Dragon;96643]Thanks for all your hard work, Acorn. I guess what I had in mind, is that when I log onto my computer, the Astro figure - and just that figure, no background, etc. - would zoom in, salute, and then zoom off. I have special music and an Astro Boy background already installed, so that when I log on, the music plays and a pic of Astro shows up. I thought it would be really cool if somehow the Astro animation from the site could somehow be made to work that way. I'm not sure it can, now, from the samples you've given me; again, I'm not tech-savvy in that way, so I wasn't sure my idea would work, but I really really appreciate your trying, and everyone else's input too. I thought maybe the video could be imbedded in a personal computer the way wallpapers and backgrounds can be imbedded.

Oh, you want to use that Astro salute animation for your desktop? Hm, can a gif or video play on a desktop? If so then give me the background you want and i'll add Astro into it. A small trick a picked up years ago, i take a snapshot of each frame, i'll remove everything except Astro then i'll just have the background you want behind him! =)

I can then put the pics together on movie maker and get it running properly, but yeah still that desktop issue, I'll need to google but it's a start at least =D

:heart: and thank chu so much, originally i was going to do a Astro boyish punk sig, but then i found that pic and i knew i had to do a sig to that! x3

o.o; er, hey you want the boyish punk sig when i finish it? i don't really need it now...

Edit:
Oh lookie what I found here =D

http://www.stardock.com/products/deskscapes/

A way to get video desktops, haven't tried it yet though. =S[/QUOTE]

Cool!!!! Sgupta mentioned a program called Dreamscenes for Vista that can take a video and turn it into a background...maybe it's the same thing?

A plain blue background, or any color plain background, would work for me. I don't know exactly how to give you one though...

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

A plain background!? Ack, can do better than that Dragon. I'll look for something. =D

Btw, what music did you want playing with it?

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Oh, you want to use that Astro salute animation for your desktop? Hm, can a gif or video play on a desktop? If so then give me the background you want and I'll add Astro into it. A small trick a picked up years ago, i take a snapshot of each frame, I'll remove everything except Astro then I'll just have the background you want behind him! =)

Remove the background frame by frame? That is going to take some time.

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Astro's salute is such a cute bit of animation that I wanted to keep it somehow; I'm afraid that, after the DVD promotion is over, the Astro Boy site will be taken down, and all the animations for the site will be lost. Bummer...

Going to miss the animations, good thing I saved the screen-saver's .exe!
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"LLM" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;96644]Oh, you want to use that Astro salute animation for your desktop? Hm, can a gif or video play on a desktop? If so then give me the background you want and I'll add Astro into it. A small trick a picked up years ago, i take a snapshot of each frame, I'll remove everything except Astro then I'll just have the background you want behind him! =)

Remove the background frame by frame? That is going to take some time.

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Astro's salute is such a cute bit of animation that I wanted to keep it somehow; I'm afraid that, after the DVD promotion is over, the Astro Boy site will be taken down, and all the animations for the site will be lost. Bummer...

Going to miss the animations, good thing I saved the screen-saver's .exe![/QUOTE]

I've done the frame by frame thing a bunch of times before that i'm used to it, even did it to create the effects on an amv once XD crazy stuff.

;_; and i don't want the website to go, it'd be a crime i tell chu!

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Alittleacorn" wrote:A plain background!? Ack, can do better than that Dragon. I'll look for something. =D

I've already got logon music; would it be possible to keep that without messing up the animation?

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;96647]A plain background!? Ack, can do better than that Dragon. I'll look for something. =D

I've already got logon music; would it be possible to keep that without messing up the animation?[/QUOTE]

Sure that'll be possible! Keep in mind though this might take a few days to do ^-^.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”