A question for someone tech-savvy...

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

A question for someone tech-savvy...

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I was wondering - I really love the flying Astro on the official movie website - you know, the animated one, where he flies in holding a graphic, sets it in place, turns to look at you, smiles, salutes and flies off.

Is there any way to capture that for a desktop?

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:I was wondering - I really love the flying Astro on the official movie website - you know, the animated one, where he flies in holding a graphic, sets it in place, turns to look at you, smiles, salutes and flies off.

Well kinda...but you'd have to get a lot of the pictures step by step and put it into a flash format...but I'm kinda dumb on that part...so hey if theres anyone who has flash doing abilities help the dude out!
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

I did a bit of picking around on the site and found out what the flash object is

http://www.astroboy-themovie.com/astroBoy_preloader.swf

shows astro flying in as if he was holding a video screen but the screen is not there, from here I have no idea how to extract the animation of astro himself

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:I was wondering - I really love the flying Astro on the official movie website - you know, the animated one, where he flies in holding a graphic, sets it in place, turns to look at you, smiles, salutes and flies off.

hypercam2 will work, I can try doing it for you if you like? :astro:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Hmmm...what operating system. Vista has something called DreamScenes that can take any video file and make it into a background. And I believe 7 or XP can use a commercial product called DeskScapes to essentially do the same thing. The issue would be capturing that part of the website and converting it to a movie... Hmmm... The Hypercam2 suggestion sounds like the best route to me if Alittleacorn can do it. =)

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Wow, thanks everybody!

Nice find, diehard67! How the heck did you find that??? That's so cool!

Let's see, Sgupta, I do have Vista Home Premium. It's the 32-bit system, if that helps...

Alittleacorn, thanks for the kind offer! I'd appreciate it very much if you would try. Especially without the sound, if that's possible!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

firefox page info

and I picked threw the code for the page too, holey overcomplacited batman

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:Wow, thanks everybody!

Let's see, Sgupta, I do have Vista Home Premium. It's the 32-bit system, if that helps...

Alittleacorn, thanks for the kind offer! I'd appreciate it very much if you would try. Especially without the sound, if that's possible!

Dragon I managed to record all the motions of Astro on the site, from him flying on screen, Zog, Trashcan and even Astro kicking a ball. The only thing they're missing is audio.

The only way I can record the audio is putting my headphones up to the mic, so i need to get some free time in the day when nobody's around and I don't know when that will be :(

If I can get that today i'll try, but if not do you want me to send the clips to you anyway and send over the audio later? Entirely up to you.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=Laughing Dragon;96590]Wow, thanks everybody!

Dragon I managed to record all the motions of Astro on the site, from him flying on screen, Zog, Trashcan and even Astro kicking a ball. The only thing they're missing is audio.

The only way I can record the audio is putting my headphones up to the mic, so i need to get some free time in the day when nobody's around and I don't know when that will be :(

If I can get that today i'll try, but if not do you want me to send the clips to you anyway and send over the audio later? Entirely up to you.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for everything you've done! As for the audio, I don't really think I need those; I would just love to have the animation. After that, I'll have to figure out a way to put them on the desktop...it's funny, I use a computer at work, but none of the skills I've learned there apply to this situation at all, so I"m pretty lost. Thanks again for your help, I really appreciate it! :)

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Here Dragon.

http://www.mediafire.com/?unwg2owmqwm

Tell me if it runs okay, my computer was running a scan so i couldn't tell. If it is blocky then say and i'll load up the videos seperately.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”