thoughts about the astro boy movie dvd

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
User avatar
diehard67
On a Flight into Space
Posts: 1691
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: lost in the disaster that is my mind
Contact:

thoughts about the astro boy movie dvd

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
LLM
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 194
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: Southern California

Postby LLM » 10 years ago

Mine is in the mail and should be here on Thursday with volumes 9, 10, and 11 of the original Astro Boy manga. GGGHHHAAAA!!! Can't wait!!! :d oh:
Image
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 10 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
diehard67
On a Flight into Space
Posts: 1691
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: lost in the disaster that is my mind
Contact:

Postby diehard67 » 10 years ago

"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*

Nora, your adorable. :)

maby we should have a cutest fangirl contest lol

User avatar
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space
Posts: 1808
Joined: 10 years ago
Location: England

Postby Alittleacorn » 10 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!


You've seen the junkyard pirate short? :cry: please tell me how it plays out i really wanna know (lives in england and won't get the dvd for months yet x_x)

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 10 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!


I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*

Nora, your adorable. :)

maby we should have a cutest fangirl contest lol


I could try my hardest, and wager my life against you hun, but I'd still fall short *Bows respectfully.*

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=diehard67;96706]I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!


You've seen the junkyard pirate short? :cry: please tell me how it plays out i really wanna know (lives in england and won't get the dvd for months yet x_x)[/QUOTE]

Technically I've seen it, and yet haven't. I've got the dvd and haven't bothered to watch that part yet, but Its in the novel. Takes place after they met astro (Only about five minutes after meeting him.) The junk yard pirates kidnapped Widget and Astro beats them up and takes her back...has it changed since?
Last edited by Nora on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

User avatar
Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen
Posts: 72
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 10 years ago

I looked everywhere for the DVD... But the stores around here only have it for Blu-Ray! I don't have a blu-ray player, nor theres no way in heck we can ever afford one. :/....No one thinks about the poor people any more lol. By the way... If by chance can a blu-ray disk play on a DVD play...at all? I don't have a 'card' to order one online either... I'm totally screwed. T^T
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:
Image

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 265
Joined: 11 years ago

Postby sgupta » 10 years ago

Astrogirl91, unfortunately, Blu-Ray discs cannot be played on DVD players at all as they use a much tinier data format (read with a blue laser instead of red) that only a Blu-Ray player can read. (Blu Ray players, can, however, still play DVD's).

It could be the Blu Ray shipments came in sooner than the DVD shipments - I can't imagine the DVD not being available where you are eventually as Blu Ray is just starting to pick up steam and DVD is still a big, big seller. Give it a few days and check back I guess? Best of luck!

User avatar
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary
Posts: 4162
Joined: 17 years ago
Location: Michigan USA
Contact:

Postby cybotron » 10 years ago

"Astrosgirl91" wrote:I looked everywhere for the DVD... But the stores around here only have it for Blu-Ray! I don't have a blu-ray player, nor theres no way in heck we can ever afford one. :/....No one thinks about the poor people any more lol. By the way... If by chance can a blu-ray disk play on a DVD play...at all? I don't have a 'card' to order one online either... I'm totally screwed. T^T


:lol: :lol: :ninja:
The Blu Ray is beautiful! I feel the sound is far better than what we had at the theater. And the Picture seems to have more detail. This is just the best Astroboy production ever! :w00t:
The Extras are great! There is extra animation also as everyone knows by now! It'll all be free online before a fortnight no doubt. :lol:
But the Blu Ray is just beautiful! :wub: :tenma:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

User avatar
Nora
Rocket Ball Champion
Posts: 441
Joined: 11 years ago
Location: Cybertron

Postby Nora » 10 years ago

"Astrosgirl91" wrote:I looked everywhere for the DVD... But the stores around here only have it for Blu-Ray! I don't have a blu-ray player, nor theres no way in heck we can ever afford one. :/....No one thinks about the poor people any more lol. By the way... If by chance can a blu-ray disk play on a DVD play...at all? I don't have a 'card' to order one online either... I'm totally screwed. T^T


ask them to order you one. FYE will order a wide or full screen astro boy dvd for you.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!



http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/


Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests