thoughts about the astro boy movie dvd

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Welcome to the forum, PsychoShinji; I myself just wash my hair, & dry it. I could not bear to use anything that affected it. :lol:

tinlunlau
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby tinlunlau » 14 years ago

Haven't really gotten myself to buy the blu-ray yet as I am waiting for the definitive version to purchase (or more specifically, one with the Cantonese dub track included). And apparently, the DVD-rip of the Cantonese dub is out already. So I am assuming the Hong Kong DVD/bluray/VCD is also released as well. Will be shopping around for it and decided where to buy it from.

I also checked out the Cantonese dub for a bit and it just sounds so weird to hear Aaron Kwok lending his voice in the role of Dr. Tenma. He sounds like he's still warped in his "Storm Warriors" role.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I was disappointed to see that the region 1 disc had English and Spanish audio, but not Japanese!

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

After watching the movie multiple times, I have to say the amount of detail you miss the first time is amazing! Plus there is a few easter eggs!
Oh, and Elifun's eye brows are fuzzy.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I like to step through it a frame at a time on some sequences, Spider was in there, but even I almost missed him. :lol:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Really? Where was Spider?

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

Spider was in there!? I compleatly missed that! All I saw was this fella here on all of the billboards :hyo: .

My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Where are the Easter Eggs!!??

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"LLM" wrote:After watching the movie multiple times, I have to say the amount of detail you miss the first time is amazing! Plus there is a few easter eggs!

I wanna see the hidden goodies -- can you list them! Thanks! :w00t:

And if you read the movie's graphic novel you'll see where they got the "pirates" short. Wonder why they edited that out of the film...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"LLM" wrote:Spider was in there!? I compleatly missed that! All I saw was this fella here on all of the billboards :hyo: .

I have yet to even finish viewing the DVD; I will let you know after I do.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:[QUOTE=LLM;97358]After watching the movie multiple times, I have to say the amount of detail you miss the first time is amazing! Plus there is a few easter eggs!

I wanna see the hidden goodies -- can you list them! Thanks! :w00t:

And if you read the movie's graphic novel you'll see where they got the "pirates" short. Wonder why they edited that out of the film...[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the film-makers thought it made Astro look too heroic and capable too soon. At that point in the film he'd just his home and his father, and been forced out of Metro City; he was alone and vulnerable. Showing him beating up a couple of bad guys would have lessened the impression of how precarious his position was, and made him less sympathetic. I think the film-makers made the right choice.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”