thoughts about the astro boy movie dvd

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

I finally got it and it's great! I think the short with Astro is after the movie and the part with the RRF is right at the end. Did anyone else get the free hair gel coupon? If so, are you going to use it for "Astro Spikes"?
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:I got the astro boy movie today!!!!!!!!

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*

Nora, your adorable. :)

maby we should have a cutest fangirl contest lol

I could try my hardest, and wager my life against you hun, but I'd still fall short *Bows respectfully.*

you would win aganst me for 2 reasons, first I am not cute, second I am not a girl lol, well maby I can be cute depending on how you define cute.

I meant for the group to have a contest to determine wich of the fangirls on here is the cutest.

Oh...um...I could show some pictures of myself...but cute...maybe I guess...probably not depends. meh. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/BonanzaBreak/Tavern/l_5699c6b5e41ef9ede799ab24cefe1f8d.jpg
there's a picture of me.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:Oh...um...I could show some pictures of myself...but cute...maybe I guess...probably not depends. meh. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/BonanzaBreak/Tavern/l_5699c6b5e41ef9ede799ab24cefe1f8d.jpg
there's a picture of me.

Now, now, Nora... Don't be so hard on yourself, okay? You're a very fine young woman! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:

everybody alredy knows about the main film so I woul't bother describing it here but the extras are pritty cool, they has a behind the seans with the cast, a bunch of footage of them recording lines, they had one where they talked about how they made the movie including a how to draw astro part and some of the chalinges of makeing him 3D, there was a bunch of kids getting there hear done to look like astro, one girl git her hear done like cora, I found myself woundering if the junkyard jirates short was set before or after the gang found out astro was a robot, and the RRF short was just silley, it will make you chukle.

OMG: I can't beleave I am the first person to post on here about the dvd after getting it!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to wait till after work to get mine. was gonna get it on amazon then I remembered that if I get it the day it comes out at walmart its 15-16 bucks so meh...

such the worthness to wait though. Such quality, such beauty, such...such...*Cuddles astro.* I've been waiting for years for this movie!! Now its in my hands. *Cries.* I've fallen in love all over again *Kisses the case.*

I could try my hardest, and wager my life against you hun, but I'd still fall short *Bows respectfully.*

you would win aganst me for 2 reasons, first I am not cute, second I am not a girl lol, well maby I can be cute depending on how you define cute.

I meant for the group to have a contest to determine wich of the fangirls on here is the cutest.

Oh...um...I could show some pictures of myself...but cute...maybe I guess...probably not depends. meh. http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/BonanzaBreak/Tavern/l_5699c6b5e41ef9ede799ab24cefe1f8d.jpg
there's a picture of me.

yah your a lot better looking then me, lol

seriously your pretty good looking, I don't know why woman are so hard on them selfs.

everyone I have met is a lot better looking then they think they are.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:
"diehard67" wrote:
"Nora" wrote:

there's a picture of me.

yah your a lot better looking then me, lol

seriously your pretty good looking, I don't know why woman are so hard on them selfs.

everyone I have met is a lot better looking then they think they are.

Oh I love the way I look. I'm just not to sure about putting it up to a contest.

diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

getting back to the dvd, I riped it and put it onto my mp3 player

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

*Covers FBI's ears.* Oh? Yeah I did too in Blu ray format though which took up 10 gigs *Kills her computer.* Oh noes!!!

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

Well I really like how they put a small video of astro boy called "Astro vs. The Junkyard pirates" and this other video but I forgot what it was called.
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

PsychoShinji
Kokoro Robot

Postby PsychoShinji » 14 years ago

"LLM" wrote:I finally got it and it's great! I think the short with Astro is after the movie and the part with the RRF is right at the end. Did anyone else get the free hair gel coupon? If so, are you going to use it for "Astro Spikes"?

Hi there everyone! (My first post... and it's about the Power Spikes gel lol!) I purchased a bottle of the LA Looks "Power Spikes" hair gel when the movie was released in October. It works REALLY well in my opinion! I often go around with my hair spiked in some fashion and prior to this gel I'd had a hard time keeping the "lift" in the spikes. I combine the gel with Got2B's "Hair Glue" to get the hard points. I went to the Tezuka events at the Smithsonian in November/December last year and Yoshihiro Shimizu said "Kimi wa... Astro Boy!" which made me blush quite a bit, hehehe. If you're into spiking your hair (Astro style or not), I highly recommend it. :)

Here's a link to a photo showing how I wore the gel (Fake glasses were purchased specifically to match the hair color, hehe)! I'm planning on an Astro Boy cosplay for the summer convention season but I'll be doing much stiffer spikes for that! :blush:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/PsychoShinji/red_1.jpg

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"diehard67" wrote:getting back to the dvd, I riped it and put it onto my mp3 player

Me too. I think I have watched the movie at least 4 times on my iPod touch. (I am posting this from my touch as well. Hate being stuck at the libary...)

My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”