jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

He only went once.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:He only went once.

wow he's been holding it this whole time. Poor Atlas...
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

jeffbert
Minister of Science

No, not that Atlas, this one, the one who went to the moon:
"MegaAstroFan75" wrote:Actually while we're on the subject of the 2003 Atlas, at which point did Daichi actually die? Because the English version edited the script to make Daichi always a robot, but they do suggest that incidents with the moon going rocket were a recurring thing with the character. So did Daichi try multiple times to get to the rocket and the one just before the episode was when he died, or had Atlas been around for a longer time?

Now that I take a 2nd look at this question, I think I need to add some comments.

Daichi died in 6 Atlas’ Birth (ELV: 3, Atlas); I do not see any recurring theme, please say where you see the suggestion of a theme. I have not seen the dub for a while, it could be that the English dialogue itself contained them. :p

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

"jeffbert" wrote:No, not that Atlas, this one, the one who went to the moon: [QUOTE=MegaAstroFan75;96813]Actually while we're on the subject of the 2003 Atlas, at which point did Daichi actually die? Because the English version edited the script to make Daichi always a robot, but they do suggest that incidents with the moon going rocket were a recurring thing with the character. So did Daichi try multiple times to get to the rocket and the one just before the episode was when he died, or had Atlas been around for a longer time?

Now that I take a 2nd look at this question, I think I need to add some comments.

Daichi died in 6 Atlas’ Birth (ELV: 3, Atlas); I do not see any recurring theme, please say where you see the suggestion of a theme. I have not seen the dub for a while, it could be that the English dialogue itself contained them. :p [/QUOTE]

I didn't say 'theme' I said 'thing'. Basically the English dialogue implies that Daichi is a robot who has been rebuilt over and over to give the impression of aging, and then after frequently attempting to board a rocket and ending up destroyed.

However it seems to me that the actual events are Daichi tried to sneak onto the rocket, died, and Tenma built Atlas as a replacement. Is that correct?

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

I never knew that atlas had that kind of power. But its LOL
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

"MegaAstroFan75" wrote:[QUOTE=jeffbert;96902]No, not that Atlas, this one, the one who went to the moon: [QUOTE=MegaAstroFan75;96813]Actually while we're on the subject of the 2003 Atlas, at which point did Daichi actually die? Because the English version edited the script to make Daichi always a robot, but they do suggest that incidents with the moon going rocket were a recurring thing with the character. So did Daichi try multiple times to get to the rocket and the one just before the episode was when he died, or had Atlas been around for a longer time?

Daichi died in 6 Atlas’ Birth (ELV: 3, Atlas); I do not see any recurring theme, please say where you see the suggestion of a theme. I have not seen the dub for a while, it could be that the English dialogue itself contained them. :p [/QUOTE]

I didn't say 'theme' I said 'thing'. Basically the English dialogue implies that Daichi is a robot who has been rebuilt over and over to give the impression of aging, and then after frequently attempting to board a rocket and ending up destroyed.

However it seems to me that the actual events are Daichi tried to sneak onto the rocket, died, and Tenma built Atlas as a replacement. Is that correct?[/QUOTE]
Yes & no; Tenma built Daichi as a robotic replacement for the boy of that name, but as he examined the boy's memories, he became intrigued by the similarities between Tobio & Daichi, and between their fathers. Perhaps, in a form of repentance for his own neglect of both Tobio & Atom, he created the Daichi robot with the ability to express his rage in the form of a transformation into Atlas. Tokugawa never agreed to the Atlas part, nor was he even aware of it. I assume you know most of this already, but just to be clear, I restate it. :astro:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”