atlas explosive power

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
gabriel
Kokoro Robot

atlas explosive power

Postby gabriel » 14 years ago

I found this on a site:

"Astroboy's nemesis Atlas has all Astroboy's powers—the flying, the machine gun butt, the headlight eyes—plus an Eighth Power: If he pees on you, you will explode".

I really don't remember this explosive urine attack. In which story did he perform it? Was it also in the anime?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

That was reprinted in volume 23 of the manga collection. The Japanese apparently have very different standards about these subjects, & this comic was featured in an elementary school magazine for kids.

In the story, Atlas, as featured in the 1980s anime, was equipped with all of Atom's 7 powers (a few of which have changed over the years), and Atlas' creator Walpur Guiss had given Atlas a very naughty 8th power. :p This was not featured in the anime version. Atlas was very different in the various versions of Astro Boy. In the 1980s version (& this story's as well), he was modelled on Atom, and built from stolen plans. However, he was severely damaged, and built himself an adult body that made him essentially another version of the Blue Knight.
Last edited by jeffbert on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"gabriel" wrote:I found this on a site:

"plus an Eighth Power: If he pees on you, you will explode"

NO ATLAS! DON'T PEE ON ME! I BEG OF YOU HAVE MERCY! XD

That is one awesome 8th power and I thought the butt machine guns were funny, I can't stop laughing at this dude.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

LOL I remember that in the Manga. I thought it was hilarious!

Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:[QUOTE=gabriel;96715]I found this on a site:

"plus an Eighth Power: If he pees on you, you will explode"

NO ATLAS! DON'T PEE ON ME! I BEG OF YOU HAVE MERCY! XD

That is one awesome 8th power and I thought the butt machine guns were funny, I can't stop laughing at this dude.[/QUOTE]

lol Oh my! :eek: :w00t:
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

I loved how Astro told him to use the toilet and he ended up blowing guiess's castle sky high!
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

Just tell me the older atlas knows better.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

gabriel
Kokoro Robot

Postby gabriel » 14 years ago

"I loved how Astro told him to use the toilet and he ended up blowing guiess's castle sky high!"

Lol! Astro wins a battle against Atlas with this trick? Atlas may have an awesome eight power but he doesn't appear to be very smart!!

When Atlas has his new body he looks similar to a man form ancient Greece or is it only my impression?

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

LOL I don't know if it was a trick. I think Astro honestly thought he had to use the bathroom and didn't know he'd make it explode XD

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

Atlas' adult body is meant to be like a Greek. Hence the name Atlas, as in the Titan who was condemned to hold up the sky. The 2003 version is also referencing this tale a bit in that Daichi and his robot reincarnation Atlas want to go to the Moon, which is in the heavens.

Actually while we're on the subject of the 2003 Atlas, at which point did Daichi actually die? Because the English version edited the script to make Daichi always a robot, but they do suggest that incidents with the moon going rocket were a recurring thing with the character. So did Daichi try multiple times to get to the rocket and the one just before the episode was when he died, or had Atlas been around for a longer time?

Also I figured out the character who could take a 2003 Tenma role in newer productions: the Count from the 1980's series who made Atlas. Just needs some tweaks and twoks and he'd be perfect.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”