What's your favorite scene in the movie?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

What's your favorite scene in the movie?

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I have a lot of favorite scenes, but the one that still gets to me after repeat viewings of the film is the one where Astro is about to enter the Red Core robot to destroy it. The way he says goodbye to his father - "Onward and upward...Dad" and then flies off to meet his fate just breaks my heart. :heart:

gabriel
Kokoro Robot

Postby gabriel » 14 years ago

Nobody answers to this topic? I'll do it.
My favourite scene is the one where Tenma speaks with Astro, saying that he dosen't want to se him again. This is a really sad scene, but it's also probably the most important scene of the movie because there is the theme of father's rejection. Have you noticed the way Astro breathes when he flies away? It seems he is trying to cry but he can't.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Hmmmm, my favourite scene has to be when Astro is born. When he speaks his first word 'Dad' and takes his first baby steps wobbling all over the place was a touching moment. I think when it follows on with that part with Astro waking up in bed and Tenma hugging him was emotional too, like the man is clinging to a lie that his son Toby is alive again.

Fairlane12
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Fairlane12 » 14 years ago

I guess when they paint ZOG because it makes me glad to be a kid while I can

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

I think my favorite scene was when Astro discovered he could fly for the first time. I thought it was awesome, the way he soared across the sky and smashed into the mountain... such powerful scenes!
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

When Astro dug through mount Fuji
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:Hmmmm, my favourite scene has to be when Astro is born. When he speaks his first word 'Dad' and takes his first baby steps wobbling all over the place was a touching moment.

I like that as well. Did you notice that the first few steps he takes make those squeeking sounds he makes in the 60s series? (and the Japanese version of the 2003 series)
But I can't pick a favorite scene. I liked it all so much ^^

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"gabriel" wrote:Nobody answers to this topic? I'll do it.
My favourite scene is the one where Tenma speaks with Astro, saying that he dosen't want to se him again. This is a really sad scene, but it's also probably the most important scene of the movie because there is the theme of father's rejection. Have you noticed the way Astro breathes when he flies away? It seems he is trying to cry but he can't.

Oh, that is a brilliant scene. There's some incredible acting there via Nick Cage and Freddie Highmore - and of course via the animators. The expressions they gave Astro's face as his heart breaks....unforgettable.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"AstroRex" wrote:I think my favorite scene was when Astro discovered he could fly for the first time. I thought it was awesome, the way he soared across the sky and smashed into the mountain... such powerful scenes!

Oh, yeah, that made my own spirits soar!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:[QUOTE=Alittleacorn;97208]Hmmmm, my favourite scene has to be when Astro is born. When he speaks his first word 'Dad' and takes his first baby steps wobbling all over the place was a touching moment.

I like that as well. Did you notice that the first few steps he takes make those squeeking sounds he makes in the 60s series? (and the Japanese version of the 2003 series)
But I can't pick a favorite scene. I liked it all so much ^^[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah I thought the same! They sorta have that squeaky sound the boots make in the Japanese 2003 one, i wish his boots always made that sound lol x3 that would've been funny

Astro: hey Dad, how come i haven't taken a leak in days, my boots don't come off plus they make a squeaky tune everywhere I go?

Tenma:...NO NOT THE BEES!

Off subject, but oh yeah you know that should've happened! XD
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”