Pluto manga

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

Far left is the original image, the other are the finished product. Boy do I need a better camera... :(
He is as detailed as the original image but I goofed on the left spikes, they got mashed together. :d oh: For size he is a third of an inch wide and 2 and a half inches tall (1cm x 6cm). My others are about 2 inches tall each.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"LLM" wrote:Image
Far left is the original image, the other are the finished product. Boy do I need a better camera... :(
He is as detailed as the original image but I goofed on the left spikes, they got mashed together. :d oh: For size he is a third of an inch wide and 2 and a half inches tall (1cm x 6cm). My others are about 2 inches tall each.

Now, can you imagine HIM wearing nothing but shorts and red boots? :lol: Some critics of the film complained that Astro wore long pants and a jacket for most of it. He could hardly have mingled with Cora and the gang in his underwear! What some people gripe about. To quote Hamegg: "Picky picky picky..."

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Got a better image. I used my dad's camera this time.
And got a new pic with it for my signature!

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

Yay I got book number four and Astros reactions toward and from his sister are soooo classic!
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

The final volume comes out tomorrow!! :w00t:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

at least i didnt have to wait for it lol. I'm still on volume 4.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

Mine arrived Monday.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Is there a recommended Pluto manga forum online somewhere

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

I am SO loving this thing -- oh, man -- this morning I read through Dr. O fixing that dog-bot and almost cried, it was so touching. It's incredibly... "real" feeling (which, in spite of the 60's animation, I always "saw" as a child).

They do have #8 online, and the end is (for me, at least) wonderful. Won't spoil it -- but I'd love to talk with other people who "get" this, and saw this compelling future in the "innocent" Astro Boy cartoons.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

"AprilSeven" wrote:I am SO loving this thing -- oh, man -- this morning I read through Dr. O fixing that dog-bot and almost cried, it was so touching. It's incredibly... "real" feeling (which, in spite of the 60's animation, I always "saw" as a child).

They do have #8 online, and the end is (for me, at least) wonderful. Won't spoil it -- but I'd love to talk with other people who "get" this, and saw this compelling future in the "innocent" Astro Boy cartoons.

!SPOILERS!

I still can't believe astro could possibly die by a simple tornado. Then I had to remind myself that Astro Boy show showed Pluto to turn himself into a tornado by spinning his torso.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;97464]I am SO loving this thing -- oh, man -- this morning I read through Dr. O fixing that dog-bot and almost cried, it was so touching. It's incredibly... "real" feeling (which, in spite of the 60's animation, I always "saw" as a child).

!SPOILERS!

I still can't believe astro could possibly die by a simple tornado. Then I had to remind myself that Astro Boy show showed Pluto to turn himself into a tornado by spinning his torso.[/QUOTE]

Did you read #7-8 yet? it is SO AWESOME. I don't want to give it away in case you haven't read the conclusion, but Tenma's insights/solutions show such genius, and you come away thinking "of COURSE!" and wondering, okay, so what IS perfect; what IS human. And why make humanoid AI robots? Because they help us understand our own creation/humanity. It's a remarkable piece of literature/art. And I think this expresses much of what Osamu Tezuka wanted to convey via The Mighty Atom.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”